Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Anyone have the courage to say how sick and tired they are with the people on here??

Anyone have the courage to say how sick and tired they are with the people on here??

Old Jul 5th 2010, 5:15 pm
Just Joined

MoonIce will become famous soon enoughMoonIce will become famous soon enough
Angry Anyone have the courage to say how sick and tired they are with the people on here??

Hey people,

Why can't any of you give straight answers to questions on these forums?????

I get sick and tired of reading people taking the p..s out of others. The thread "planning to move in November, but just stuck with newborn" is a perfect example. This user is looking for help and advice, not abuse or horrible comments, which disgusted me. Just because many of you have been in Canada a time and think 'you know it all' doesn't give you the right to cut others to pieces. Basically, get your heads out your backsides please.

I'm also tired of people going off the subject of the thread and having 'conversations', and back and forth comments with others, which have no connection to the original question. Why can't you PM each other and keep your useless chit chat where it belongs.

Basically, if you have nothing useful to say or contribute - keep quiet.

You Moderators don't escape my wrath either. Why the hell don't you moderate and keep order on these threads? That's your job, so do it or leave the position and let someone do it who can keep control.

Old Jul 5th 2010, 5:19 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone have the courage to say how sick and tired they are with the people on her

Popcorn, chair.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 5:21 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone have the courage to say how sick and tired they are with the people on her

*hands Steve a beer. Opens beer for self. Sips*
Old Jul 5th 2010, 5:21 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

I believe it's known as freedom of speech.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 5:22 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MoonIce
Hey people,

I get sick and tired of reading people taking the p..s out of others. The thread "planning to move in November, but just stuck with newborn" is a perfect example. This user is looking for help and advice, not abuse or horrible comments, which disgusted me. Just because many of you have been in Canada a time and think 'you know it all' doesn't give you the right to cut others to pieces. Basically, get your heads out your backsides please.

I'm also tired of people going off the subject of the thread and having 'conversations', and back and forth comments with others, which have no connection to the original question. Why can't you PM each other and keep your useless chit chat where it belongs.

You Moderators don't escape my wrath either. Why the hell don't you moderate and keep order on these threads? That's your job, so do it or leave the position and let someone do it who can keep control.

If a particular post annoys you, please report it then ALL the moderators for that forum, super-mods, and Admin will see the report and if the matter needs addressing we will look at it. We dn't have time to read every single post, nor are we expected to, so we appreciate help from the wider community in finding posts that offend.
The Report button is the one with an ! on it, next to the Karma button.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 5:22 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree. I too am sick of like minded expats having conversations on an internet forum that is designed for that purpose. It's outrageous and you are right to express your anger over this issue.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 5:42 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

I couldn't have said it better myself
Old Jul 5th 2010, 5:50 pm
Just Joined

MoonIce will become famous soon enoughMoonIce will become famous soon enough

The usual clique of people I see of whom, I am referring to. Ahh, does the truth hurt. Is it hitting that spot. I do not apologise. Narcissists never can take it - seen enough of them to know.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 5:55 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

The usual clique of people I see of whom, I am referring to. Ahh, does the truth hurt. Is it hitting that spot. I do not apologise. Narcissists never can take it - seen enough of them to know.
Yes, you can see how hurt and upset we are from our replies.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 5:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

mjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond repute

This is exactly why I stopped posting, people having inappropriate conversations, taking the p%4s and hijacking other peoples posts. I just couldn't take it anymore!! Wouldn't catch me doing any of that

On another note, interesting to see the people may have changed to a degree, but the content remains the same!!
Old Jul 5th 2010, 5:58 pm

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute

Hey people,

Bloody hell, are you the strict headmaster. Well give everyone the cane
Old Jul 5th 2010, 5:59 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

I refer you to the irony quoted in post #7, Mr Kettle.
Forum Regular

vancouverism has a spectacular aura aboutvancouverism has a spectacular aura aboutvancouverism has a spectacular aura about

The site is useful for the occasional piece of advice but I'm guessing that a lot of newcomers are put off by the "we've already discussed this" tone of many people on here. Not to mention the fact that people seem more obsessed with picking people up on previous posts than actually answering the question.

The thread you mention was a perfect example. Somebody may well have got to this site through a search and seen the replies and thought "this is not for me".

I see the site as less an information site and more something to show my Canadian work colleagues for a laugh.
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

.Ahh, does the truth hurt.
The truth is, this is a discussion forum, it encourages erm discussion, which in turn leads to differences of opinion, some facts, some BS, some banter some tears, some bizarre random stuff. If you want discussion without all that, then find a different medium to research. Use PM's or email as you suggest, and then you won't get upset by 'the usual clique.'

I don't think you're going to get a lot of support for asking for silence - who are you to determine what contribution is useful or not?
Old Jul 5th 2010, 6:01 pm

pgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond reputepgtips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by R I C H
The truth is, this is a discussion forum, it encourages erm discussion, which in turn leads to differences of opinion, some facts, some BS, some banter some tears, some bizarre random stuff. If you want discussion without all that, then find a different medium to research. Use PM's or email as you suggest, and then you won't get upset by 'the usual clique.'

I don't think you're going to get a lot of support for asking for silence - who are you to determine what contribution is useful or not?
Silence RICH, the new king has spoken.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.