Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

any hunters on the forum

any hunters on the forum

Old Oct 30th 2013, 8:04 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: any hunters on the forum

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
I had not heard about the meat/brain growth connection.
Big brains require a lot of calorific energy and this can most efficiently be obtained from meat. That's one reason why our veggie chimp cousins never became very clever.
Old Oct 30th 2013, 8:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Big brains require a lot of calorific energy and this can most efficiently be obtained from meat. That's one reason why our veggie chimp cousins never became very clever.
I'll have to check up on this.
Old Oct 30th 2013, 8:24 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
some posters on here would view a picture of a family enjoying Disneyworld as distasteful,
Me, for one. The combination of other people's little darlings and the saccharine pinkness of Disney theme parks is vomitous in the extreme. I take undue amounts of pleasure from the fact that we've never (yet...) been pestered for anything Uncle Walt purveys, beyond occasional trips to the movies and a die-cast Lightning McQueen character or two.
Old Oct 30th 2013, 8:25 pm
BEd Enthusiast

cjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond repute

Chimps ain't veggies. They're omnivorous and have even been known to indulge in a bit of cannibalism.

And by your evolutionary logic, we should by this point in time be the domesticated pets of far more developed exclusively carnivorous dogs and cats.

Still, carry on professor....
Old Oct 30th 2013, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

CKMaddAll is a jewel in the roughCKMaddAll is a jewel in the roughCKMaddAll is a jewel in the roughCKMaddAll is a jewel in the rough

Regarding the churning up of chickens... naturally they are the egg laying variety, not the ones used for meat.

Google "Chicken" and "wood chippers" apparently it is common practice in the battery chicken egg production world.

For the record - I am against trophy hunting. I like hunting the same way I like fishing - to catch my food and cook it... living off the fat of the land and all that. I would never shoot something I was not willing to eat.
Old Oct 30th 2013, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

CKMaddAll is a jewel in the roughCKMaddAll is a jewel in the roughCKMaddAll is a jewel in the roughCKMaddAll is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by cjones
Chimps ain't veggies. They're omnivorous and have even been known to indulge in a bit of cannibalism.

And by your evolutionary logic, we should by this point in time be the domesticated pets of far more developed exclusively carnivorous dogs and cats.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that the sole prerequisite for logical thought is meat consumption...
Old Oct 30th 2013, 8:33 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cjones

Well, it's not my evolutionary logic, it's established theory. I take your point on chimps being omnivorous, but meat is very tiny proportion of their diet (single %) and that's consistent with their relatively small brain size. Incidentally, it's brain size relative to body size in case you're wondering why Tiger's aren't dons.
Old Oct 30th 2013, 9:08 pm
BEd Enthusiast

cjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond reputecjones has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CKMaddAll

For the record - I am against trophy hunting. I like hunting the same way I like fishing - to catch my food and cook it... living off the fat of the land and all that. I would never shoot something I was not willing to eat.

Why? The fact that it's either eaten of hung on a wall is of no concern to the dead animal. Isn't your stand just more a case of you justifying to yourself why you cut it's life short?
Old Oct 30th 2013, 10:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

scootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond repute

The anti's just can't seem to keep out of these threads.
My hunting trip has been postponed until next weekend which is good and bad,good as its a long weekend so less time off work,bad because its gonna be alot colder lol.
Old Oct 30th 2013, 10:25 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scootb
My hunting trip has been postponed until next weekend which is good and bad,good as its a long weekend so less time off work,bad because its gonna be alot colder lol.
Why should they?

It's an open forum and everyone is entitled to their opinion, regardless of whether it happens to co-incide with yours.

Out of interest, did you go fox hunting when you lived in the UK? You have only been in Canada for around 6 months yet seem to be an authority on hunting, so I am curious as to whether you did it in the UK as well.
Old Oct 30th 2013, 10:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

jossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scootb
Yeah, they can't help themselves. As my Canadian friends would say, I sure would like to take some of them hunting!
Old Oct 30th 2013, 10:27 pm
Yo

Originally Posted by jossie
Yeah, they can't help themselves. As my Canadian friends would say, I sure would like to take some of them hunting!
Just the big BBQ afterwards would suffice!
Old Oct 30th 2013, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

jossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond reputejossie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Why should they?

It's an open forum and everyone is entitled to their opinion, regardless of whether it happens to co-incide with yours.

Out of interest, did you go fox hunting when you lived in the UK? You have only been in Canada for around 6 months yet seem to be an authority on hunting, so I am curious as to whether you did it in the UK as well.
A little bit harsh, are you having a bad day or something? I don't think his posts profess to be an authority on hunting. Just an expat excited at embracing part of the Canadian culture.
Old Oct 30th 2013, 10:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just the big BBQ afterwards would suffice!
Have you tried any game meats? If so what's your favorite?
Old Oct 30th 2013, 10:39 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

I like game. Duck, pheasant, rabbit, pigeon... venison not so much, but it's alright. I confess to never having eaten lion, but if it was put in front of me, I'd eat it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.