Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Any experience of Comwave?

Any experience of Comwave?

Old Sep 2nd 2019, 3:54 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Any experience of Comwave?

This company looks to have rates for TV/phone/internet that look really good. Really good.

Almost too good to be true.

Comwave

Any experience here?
Old Sep 2nd 2019, 4:39 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any experience of Comwave?

I wouldn't consider a service with such terrible reviews.
Old Sep 2nd 2019, 6:06 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.bbb.org/ca/on/north-york...c-0107-1035714

Customer Complaints 353 complaints closed in last 3 years / 74 complaints closed in last 12 months

I'd read the 2nd comment on this before committing: https://www.canadianisp.ca/cgi-bin/i...ents&ispid=247 - a mixed bag on this one: https://www.gonevoip.ca/comwave-residential-review

Last edited by Siouxie; Sep 2nd 2019 at 6:10 pm.
Old Sep 2nd 2019, 9:09 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker
I wouldn't consider a service with such terrible reviews.
Originally Posted by Siouxie
I'd read the 2nd comment on this before committing: https://www.canadianisp.ca/cgi-bin/i...ents&ispid=247 - a mixed bag on this one: https://www.gonevoip.ca/comwave-residential-review
Suddenly a load of their ads appeared on TV a couple of weeks ago. I did my own googling then and while I saw lots of complaints it seemed that they were quite old ones.

I see there are some recent ones now but it doesn't seem to take long going down the lists to start hitting older ones.

3 negative ratings this year in over 8 months and 20 going back to 2014. It's terrible reading but an average of 4 a year.

Of course if they only have 4 customers it's bloody awful.

I wonder how many negative reviews Rogers and Bell has.

I'm not actually in the market for an alternative since I plan on just taking internet/phone from Bell - I am very satisfied with them except for the cost of the TV - and relying on the usual streaming plus FireTV. But I was reminded of them by another thread.

You never know though. If the service was good, their prices are very enticing and it might be worth looking again if they had improved.

Old Sep 3rd 2019, 12:54 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Suddenly a load of their ads appeared on TV a couple of weeks ago. I did my own googling then and while I saw lots of complaints it seemed that they were quite old ones.

I see there are some recent ones now but it doesn't seem to take long going down the lists to start hitting older ones.

3 negative ratings this year in over 8 months and 20 going back to 2014. It's terrible reading but an average of 4 a year.

Of course if they only have 4 customers it's bloody awful.

I wonder how many negative reviews Rogers and Bell has.

I'm not actually in the market for an alternative since I plan on just taking internet/phone from Bell - I am very satisfied with them except for the cost of the TV - and relying on the usual streaming plus FireTV. But I was reminded of them by another thread.

You never know though. If the service was good, their prices are very enticing and it might be worth looking again if they had improved.
Umm.. did you see the BBB page? 353 complaints closed in last 3 years - 74 complaints closed in last 12 months

Here's a few reviews from this year https://www.bbb.org/ca/on/north-york...stomer-reviews

Last edited by Siouxie; Sep 3rd 2019 at 12:58 am.
Old Sep 3rd 2019, 1:17 am
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Umm.. did you see the BBB page? 353 complaints closed in last 3 years - 74 complaints closed in last 12 months
Ah, I missed that one. But doesn't it show an improvement? 353 in three years is almost 120 per year and 74 in the last 12 months.

I have no reason to defend them. It just looks like they may not be as bad as they used to be. The wiki page (which I saw when I first became aware of the ads) refers to misleading advertising and telemarketing offences 2011- 2016 although obviously bad reviews continue.

Old Sep 3rd 2019, 8:46 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134

Tell us what you really think!!
Old Sep 3rd 2019, 9:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

For TV, the only real options are to get an antenna and get free TV over the air, or go with a regular cable TV provider. Most of the TV-over-IP solutions that Comwave and others sell are just small computers running Android with custom Apps that are slow and clunky, and I really don't recommend them.

For internet, you can use https://canadianisp.ca/ to find all the ISPs in your area. I used to use a local one in Vancouver called Surf Internet that were pretty good. If you don't care about getting the latest fastest speeds they are a good option.

For landline phone, I recommend Ooma. It's a router-like box that plugs into your modem and uses the internet to provide a phone line. The Ooma phone device is around $150, but then it's only $5 a month, so it pays for itself pretty quickly.

Last edited by CanadaJimmy; Sep 3rd 2019 at 9:27 pm.