Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Another sad loss...Jade Goody has passed away

Another sad loss...Jade Goody has passed away

Old Mar 22nd 2009, 2:43 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another sad loss...Jade Goody has passed away

Just echoing the comments of Tangram and Old Bag.

Sad that someone so young has died and left behind two small children, but a loss to anyone other than her family and Publicist? NO.

What about the other families that lost someone today? What about all the irish people who lost a relative on the 17th? Why didnt we post threads expressing sympathy for them?

Sorry Ruby but as much as I like you, have to say I wont miss her at all.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 3:06 am
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy

Sad that someone so young has died and left behind two small children, but a loss to anyone other than her family and Publicist? NO.

What about the other families that lost someone today? What about all the irish people who lost a relative on the 17th? Why didnt we post threads expressing sympathy for them?

She probably has, but definitely will be saving many lives over the coming years by highlighting the risk cervical cancer.

The increase in scanning has already gone up considerably because of her. I didn't like her much, but I have to give her the respect she deserves for this. No amount of leaflets or TV adverts could have done what she did.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 3:45 am
itchy feet again!

Jay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond reputeJay Bird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Danny B
She probably has, but definitely will be saving many lives over the coming years by highlighting the risk cervical cancer.

The increase in scanning has already gone up considerably because of her. I didn't like her much, but I have to give her the respect she deserves for this. No amount of leaflets or TV adverts could have done what she did.

What? For dying in public! P-lease.
Before it was announced that she'd been diagnosed with terminal cancer she was vilified for being exactly what she was, then all of a sudden she's St Jade? I think not; people need to get a grip and put this in proportion.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 3:54 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Was she campaigning before she got the disease ? Did she 'campaign' after he got it ? These are not snide remarks I am asking the questions as I am unaware of what has occurred in the UK.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 4:02 am
Nova Scotia

Bellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond repute

Very sad day today for Jade's family! Its funny when my kids came in this morning I said to my OH wouldn't it be awful if she passed away today being Mothers Day and with that, there it was on the BBC homepage I couldn't believe it!! Those little children and her mother are never going to forget this day as long as they live, I did shed a little tear for her and her family and although I do agree with some of the points felt on this thread, I think that we are all human and I definitely feel a sense of appreciation that I'm here to enjoy every moment that I have with my children and I feel for anyone that has to deal with this amount of grief it must be unbearable I dont think it matters who it is!! I just hope that her little boys aren't hounded because of this, they should be allowed some privacy now. RIP Jade you will be very sadly missed!!
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 4:05 am
Knight Templar

tomarense has a brilliant futuretomarense has a brilliant futuretomarense has a brilliant futuretomarense has a brilliant futuretomarense has a brilliant futuretomarense has a brilliant future

God preserve us from all the cant and hypocrisy surrounding this woman.

What the hell will we do if Blair or Brown get testicular cancer??? Set up a new research centre!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 4:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Pammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy

Yep, sorry, I didn't even know who she was till I looked it up!
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 4:06 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Who is Jade Goody and what did she do?

She was described on CBC radio news as one of the first people who was famous only for being famous.

So what did she do to become famous?
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 4:10 am

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Who is Jade Goody and what did she do?

She was described on CBC radio news as one of the first people who was famous only for being famous.

So what did she do to become famous?
Big Brother.

It is sad though was she about 29?
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 4:11 am
BE Forum Addict

act1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Cassie 10000
Big Brother.

It is sad though was she about 29?
She was 27
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 4:12 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cassie 10000
Big Brother.
What about Big Brother?

I don't watch crap (read reality) TV.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 4:12 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

She was goaded into parading her want of intelligence and education on reality TV show "Big Brother".
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 4:16 am

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

What about Big Brother?

That's how she became famous, she was a contestant on the show. I think she came third but she seemed to have good marketing behind her.

She was doing well before she went back in again, then the Shilpa Shetty incident happened.

Then people hated her.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 4:19 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mags1972
... the amount of TV and publicity given to JG is comparable to Diana, who was by comparison, a modern day saint
Oh yeah... selfless, humble, dignified etc. etc? I don't think so.

The only difference between the two of them was the circumstances of their birth.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 4:34 am
BE Enthusiast

joelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to behold

What about Big Brother?

The UK tv and media thrive on it, unfortunately. Some people"s main object in life is to become a reality TV "Star".

I feel sad for Jade and so sorry for her 2 young sons.
I sincerely hope the media leave them alone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.