Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Anonymous Fat Wife Poll

View Poll Results: If my wife got excessively overweight and wouldnt do anything about it I would
Divorce her!
17.50%
Stick by her
65.00%
Dunno, whats she like in the sack?
17.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Anonymous Fat Wife Poll

Old Nov 27th 2007, 5:52 pm
Kev and Lisa

Rodger Rabbit is a jewel in the roughRodger Rabbit is a jewel in the roughRodger Rabbit is a jewel in the roughRodger Rabbit is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Anonymous Fat Wife Poll

Originally Posted by AdrianTO
This is very true. I would venture to guess that most of these guys saying that they would stick by their wives aren't exactly desirable themselves.

If they left their overweight wives, they might not be able to attract another woman anyway. So, might as well stick with the wife and pretend that you are such a devoted husband.
I have to say! You can't be that desirable with all the s**t your spouting. I thought men left women for a "newer-better" model. Let Me tell you i'm 12yrs younger than kev and yes i have curves and he s me to bits. No FETISH (with a fat bird) Just 100% devotion. Everyone is entitled to their opinion! Here's a thought for you, If you dont want your wife to weight gain, dont get her pregnant!

I do have to ask what would you do if your wife had an illness that made her weight gain?! STILL leave? Hmmmm you seem like that kind of guy!

You should really get a picture of yourself so we can see what we are arguing with! Lisa
Old Nov 27th 2007, 5:57 pm
Happy in NB

Dave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond repute

I just made a comment on the other thread that I started about what I would do if my wife got fat. I am not forcing those views on anyone. ....... If you don't want to talk about it, nobody is forcing you to post here or read the comments.
That is probably the most sensible post I have seen from you.

PS

I still think you are a plonker
Old Nov 27th 2007, 5:59 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rodger Rabbit
If you dont want your wife to weight gain, dont get her pregnant!
I can think of far better reasons for us to all hope that Adrians hypothetical wife never gets pregnant...

I have him on my ignore list, and I still cant escape his bollocks cos people keep quoting him

Adrian... I'll explain this slowly and for the last time, because you are obviously 12, from a broken home, and dont really have the maturity to understand this...

The marriage vows dont really preclude divorce...sometimes relationships break down to the point that divorce is best for everyone. What the marriage vows do is emphasise that its not a trivial business, and that everyone should be in it for the long haul, that a relationship requires give and take, understanding and forgiveness, and that ideally it should be unconditional, at least as far as human beings are capable of that.

But people make mistakes, actions are taken that are seen as unforgivable otherwise divorce would not be an option...it just should not be the first option.

This poll was not about divorce in general, but about the idea you should seek a divorce in an otherwise healthy relationship simply because of a change in appearance, but you lost that argument and are trying to twist it into something its not.

Now be a good boy and turn off the computer and go and tidy your room, or help your mum with the dishes or something

Last edited by iaink; Nov 27th 2007 at 6:15 pm.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 5:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Arris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond reputeArris has a reputation beyond repute

Adrian - you talk complete & utter bollocks & thankfully men like you are in the minority.

Have you got children? I hope not for their sake, i'd really feel for them growing up with your influences.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 6:23 pm
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

Well for those that think wedding vows are scared should look at the stats
Divorce rules out that all people take them too seriously add in the accepted percentage of married couples that are involved in adulterous relationships at some time in their marriage then we can basically take it that the majority do not consider them cast in stone or even for the long term, just another ritual they undertake at teh church.
So if were consider that wedding vows are a valid piont for remaining with someone then that rational is really misguided in todays soceity or today's soceitie's perceptions?

If we consider that two people stay with each other because they make and become a team, then I’ll back you 100%

But in Adrian’s case if we look at this and say that one party has opted out of the team game and decided that they no longer want to be part of a team and they’re getting fat regardless of the others thoughts and input.
Would it be fair to say this has now become a one sided relationship and no longer a supported supportive environment
I for one will not continue in a relationship where To quote Iaink “The mother of your children is letting herself go and [b]wont do anything to lose the weight[b] she’s put on.”
I consider the fact that this person is no longer taking their part in the team seriously and if she’s getting excessively fat and is doing nothing (won’t do anything) about it is in effect giving up on taking a fair role in what it takes to be part of the team and in the process of setting a bad example to the children, and no doubt its highly likely that she’ll share these bad diet lifestyles with the children and more than likely they’ll end up obese in the presence of this person

If my cries to do something go ignored for long enough, apart from the risk of straying with somebody who is prepared to take care of themselves I’ll be considering divorce and taking the kids, I love my wife, but I also have to consider I’m responsible for my kids health and their future life too

Why are we letting people off the second biggest killer out there, obesity is the root cause of type 2 diabetes now being seen in kids, its directly linked to heart disease, recent studies indicate its is also directly linked to cancer
And it’s the easiest problem to solve with a sensible diet and exercise,
FFS….. People who choose to get fat, deserve what they get
Like I say I lump them in with smokers and drug abusers and I struggle with the idea that somehow society should make an exception for fat people when they are such a burden on heath care and resources (they stuffed the carlories down their neck, nobody else)

Why should we be nice to fat people? when it’s so acceptable to treat smokers like lepers!
both set bad examples to youngsters, both cost us an excessive amount in taxes related to heath care…
Some peer pressure might just make these fatties sit up take up some exercise and become part of society rather than sitting one their ever fattening arses stuffing their faces with junk food whist waiting for their next health problem

For what its worth I have two kids now and a wife that enjoys working out in the gym, because she enjoys a healthly lifestyle and enjoys looking good, not for me but her!
And I think its clear I have a low tolerance for people who need excuses as to why they can't /won't look after themselves !

Last edited by MikeUK; Nov 27th 2007 at 6:28 pm.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 6:30 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeUK
Well for those that think wedding vow are scared should look at the stats
Divorce rules out that all people take them too seriously add in the accepted percentage of married couples that are involved in adulterous relationships at some time in their marriage then we can basically take it that the majority do not consider them cast in stone
So if were consider that wedding vows are a valid pint for remaining with someone then that rational is really misguided
If we consider that two people stay with each other because they make and become a team, then I’ll back you 100%

But in Adrian’s case if we look at this and say that one party has opted out of the team game and decided that they no longer want to be part of a team and they’re getting fat regardless of the others thoughts and input.
Would it be fair to say this has now become a one sided relationship and no longer a supported supportive environment
I for one will not continue in a relationship where To quote Iaink “The mother of your children is letting herself go and [b]wont do anything to lose the weight[b] she’s put on.”
I consider the fact that this person is no longer taking their part in the team seriously and if she’s getting excessively fat and is doing nothing (won’t do anything) about it is in effect giving up on taking a fair role in what it takes to be part of the team and in the process of setting a bad example to the children, and no doubt its highly likely that she’ll share these bad diet lifestyles with the children and more than likely they’ll end up obese in the presence of this person

If my cries to do something go ignored for long enough, apart from the risk of straying with somebody who is prepared to take care of themselves I’ll be considering divorce and taking the kids, I love my wife, but I also have to consider I’m responsible for my kids health and their future life too

Why are we letting people of the second biggest killer out there, obesity is the root cause of type 2 diabetes now being seen in kids, its directly linked to heart disease, recent studies indicate its is also directly linked to cancer
And it’s the easiest problem to solve with a sensible diet and exercise,
FFS….. People who choose to get fat, deserve what they get
Like I say I lump them in with smokers and drug abusers and I struggle with the idea that somehow society should make and exceptions for fat people when they are such a burden on heath care and resources

Why should we be nice to fat people when it’s so acceptable to treat smokers like lepers, both set bad examples to youngsters, both cost us an excessive amount in taxes related to heath care…
Some peer pressure might just make these fatties sit up take up some exercise and become part of society rather than sitting one their ever fattening arses stuffing their faces with junk food whist waiting for their next health problem

For what its worth I have two kids now and a wife that enjoys working out in the gym, because she enjoys a healthly lifestyle and enjoys looking good, not for me but her!

I generally like women who keep thin by smoking and taking drugs.

I wonder if there are statistics for men commiting adultery with women who are bigger than their partners. I don't suppose it's common. It certainly upset my wife "older than me ok, uglier than me I can live with, but she's nearly a kilo (2 and a bit pounds) heavier than me, you shit!!".
Old Nov 27th 2007, 6:36 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

As long as people stop to think about the vows they took long enough not to make some sort of snap knee-jerk decision, then they are doing their job. Do most people still get married in church? I figure civil services must be getting up there by now, but what do I know...we were married by Elvis...or at least a close approximation.

By the time you run around after two little kids and feed them and bathe them and get them in bed and do all the chores I think Smoking and Drugs are probably the only practical way a regular mom has of loosing weight, at least until the kids are old enough to free up at least a little bit of "me time".

I never understood the health care expense argument.

People gotta die. Cheaper for them to die quickly of disease than to live on indefinitely into senility.

Does it really cost more to treat cancer or heart disease and have people die in their 70s than it would cost society for people to outlive their brains and end up in a nursing home with Alzheimer's for the last 20 years of their life. Sure they live into their 90s and later, but at what cost to society?

I'll take my chances with some timbits and heart attack in my 60s or 70s rather than live to be 100 and be a drooling burden on my family for the last 20 years of my life?

Last edited by iaink; Nov 27th 2007 at 7:08 pm.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 6:40 pm

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

So by that token we should be encouraging more people to drink heavily, smoke and take drugs? Beautiful corpse? Interesting idea. Do you have a pamphlet?
Old Nov 27th 2007, 6:50 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MikeUK
And I think its clear I have a low tolerance for people who need excuses as to why they can't /won't look after themselves !

Perhaps some therapy might help you with that.

You're living in an industrialized nation in the 21st century. There will be people you can not tolerate around you. And likely more and more as time goes on. Learn to cope or the stress of being in public might do you in.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 6:55 pm
Thinking the unthinkable.

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bazzz
So by that token we should be encouraging more people to drink heavily, smoke and take drugs? Beautiful corpse? Interesting idea. Do you have a pamphlet?
Service available online at:Yummy yummy chest pains <legal disclaimer: allegedly>
Old Nov 27th 2007, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

DOBBIE has a brilliant futureDOBBIE has a brilliant futureDOBBIE has a brilliant futureDOBBIE has a brilliant futureDOBBIE has a brilliant futureDOBBIE has a brilliant futureDOBBIE has a brilliant futureDOBBIE has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by iaink
As long as people stop to think about the vows they took long enough not to make some sort of snap knee-jerk decision, then they are doing their job. Do most people still get married in church? I figure civil services must be getting up there by now, but what do I know...we were married by Elvis...or at least a close approximation.

By the time you run around after two little kids and feed them and bathe them and get them in bed and do all the chores I think Smoking and Drugs are probably the only practical way a regular mom has of loosing weight, at least until the kids are old enough to free up at least a little bit of "me time".

People gotta die. Cheaper for them to die quickly of disease than to live on indefinitely into senility.

Does it really cost more to treat cancer or heart disease and have people die in their 70s than it would cost society for people to outlive their brains and end up in a nursing home with Alzheimer's for the last 20 years of their life. Sure they live into their 90s and later, but at what cost to society?

I'll take my chances with some timbits and heart attack in my 60s or 70s rather than live to be 100 and be a drooling burden on my family for the last 20 years of my life?

Well said Iain.... I have to agree with everything you've written here on this thread.

And just to add my two pennies worth - yes my wife has put on weight, is it significant? hell no in fact I love her more for it because I see two beautiful children everyday that she nurtured for 9 months a piece. I had a full head of hair when we met, now I don't. I'm sure she looks at me sometimes and wonders what if..... Underneath we are the same people, love the same things, enjoy each others company. Yes we've had problems - me dragging her halfway around the world was a big issue. We have got over it - Divorce for some people is too easy. They shouldn't have taken the plunge in the first place!

Anyway, I'm off to enjoy my coffee and goodies this afternoon and look forward to the couple of glasses of wine this evening......

Cheers

Dobbie
Old Nov 27th 2007, 8:15 pm
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest running around after two kids has meant I haven’t needed to get out and keep fit as much as I used to, however I do miss some of my more adventurous outdoors sports
They provide plenty of exercise, the little lad can do at least 3kms, and if I want to hike more I do the rest of the Km's with an extra 35lbs on my back, try doing your regular cycle ride but with a passenger ( a passenger that wants to go faster)
I’ve never seen havinh children as a reason to eat badly, more so keeping every thing going and running around after two kid’s means that eating sensibly has become more important.

Did my wife put on weight? Yes on the first kid and it had all gone after 16mnths, same with the second and again the weights coming off, slightly faster now we're chasing two instead on one…
Old Nov 27th 2007, 8:24 pm
Happy in NB

Dave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond repute

I want to live long enough to become an embarrassment to my kids infact according to my 17 year old daughter I am already there.
Old Nov 27th 2007, 8:26 pm
Part Time Poster

Maybe I have a different out look on this because of how I was brought up, I went hiking with may parent and grand parents when I was young, the challenge my grandfather set was to climb Ben Nevis when he was 71.. he was still hiking and banging in a few good miles right up until his mid eighties when a fall broke his foot and it didn’t heal, he was in fine health right up until he was about 89 passed away at 92
I would say that was through regular exercise and healthy living
So I would say about 49 years paying tax, 24 good years on a pension and 3 years pulling on the health system
Old Nov 27th 2007, 8:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

daft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond reputedaft batty has a reputation beyond repute

Were you there? This is only her half of the story. Do you what his half is? I didn't think so.
I do know, there was an exciting public argument one Sunday lunchtime

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.