Amazon

Old Dec 21st 2020, 12:03 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Amazon

Originally Posted by Siouxie
An Amazon order - Prime, I have no idea how it was sent, the tracking doesn't work.

I did some digging, but I don't want to post it in public.
Old Dec 21st 2020, 12:17 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I did some digging, but I don't want to post it in public.
Thank you for the pm and the information - much appreciated!!
Old Dec 21st 2020, 4:17 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Ordered something from .ca on 17/12, free shipping, says it's coming by 23/12.
Arrived today, 21st.
Old Dec 21st 2020, 4:18 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Arrived today, 21st.
Pay's to be in Moncton....ha ha

My order did ship, Amazon appears to have chosen to send it from eastern US. Current tracking shows its in Teterboro, New Jersey US. (I ordered from Amazon Canada) funny thing is that exact item if I was in Vancouver says it can be delivered 12/22.

They did reduce the delivery date by 1 day to 12/29, shall see when it arrives.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Dec 21st 2020 at 4:21 pm.
Old Dec 21st 2020, 11:58 pm
Account Closed

I did an experiment.

I ordered a bed frame last week and said it would be January. I looked at the same exact bed frame on Saturday, and put it in my cart, went to check out, and it gave me the option to pay $3.99 for priority shipment or free Prime delivery for January 4th or 6th sometime that week.

The order I paid the $3.99 for on Saturday shipped and says Thur delivery.

I have since cancelled the original order I did not pay $3.99 for.

I guess its Amazon's way of getting more money?

I did it simply as an experiment to see if it did actually speed up delivery and it appears it might have. Its coming by Purolator so a crap shoot if it ever actually arrives.

Old Dec 22nd 2020, 3:18 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I did an experiment.

I ordered a bed frame last week and said it would be January. I looked at the same exact bed frame on Saturday, and put it in my cart, went to check out, and it gave me the option to pay $3.99 for priority shipment or free Prime delivery for January 4th or 6th sometime that week.

The order I paid the $3.99 for on Saturday shipped and says Thur delivery.

I have since cancelled the original order I did not pay $3.99 for.

I guess its Amazon's way of getting more money?

I did it simply as an experiment to see if it did actually speed up delivery and it appears it might have. Its coming by Purolator so a crap shoot if it ever actually arrives.
Confused. I thought you bought a new bed before you moved.
Old Dec 22nd 2020, 4:14 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BEVS
Confused. I thought you bought a new bed before you moved.
We bought a mattress and bed frame before the move, the mattress arrived, but the bed frame never did, then Amazon was out of stock for months and months, and locally all the bedframes we found were too expensive or too big/bulky for our needs and cost of delivery on top.

So since the move the mattress has been on the floor. Amazon had the bedframe in stock again, so trying it one more time to get a bedframe.

Old Dec 23rd 2020, 12:53 am
Account Closed

The day Purolator actually does something correctly and on-time, I will buy a lotto ticket.

They (purolator) have delayed the bedframe, it shipped yesterday in Calgary for delivery Thursday, but now says delayed until further notice.....So who knows when it will arrive. But it made it as far as the Purolator sort depot in Calgary.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Dec 23rd 2020 at 12:55 am.
Old Dec 23rd 2020, 9:29 pm
Account Closed

I kind of enjoy watching parcels transit across Canada. A box coming from Dartmouth, NS left on Monday, took a pit stop in Burton, NB then onto Dorval, Quebec where it spent about 2 hours before leaving last night. Next stop is anyone's guess but maybe somewhere in Toronto area.

Old Dec 24th 2020, 7:18 pm
Account Closed

It's kind of amusing an expedited parcel Canada Post from Toronto arrived faster than an expedited parcel mailed from Vancouver.. They were both put in the mail Monday, the one from Ontario delivered today...

I swear sometimes its the Richmond, BC process plant that is the issue. Anything that goes through Calgary gets here way faster, the Ontario one went Toronto area to Calgary to Kelowna.

Old Dec 29th 2020, 6:08 pm
Account Closed

Fedex Ground won the race by a hair.

A parcel coming from Darmouth, NS shipped Monday as did a parcel from Vancouver.

The one from Dartmouth, NS went Fedex Ground, the one from Vancouver Canada Post expediated.

Fedex delivered at 9:12am and Canada Post at 10:44am.

Amazing in a way Fedex Ground got a parcel from one end of Canada to the far other end in the same amount of time it took Canada Post to move a parcel a mere 400km.

(Neither were from Amazon, and both shipped Monday December 21.)

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Dec 29th 2020 at 6:12 pm.
Old Jan 16th 2021, 7:12 am
Account Closed

Well this is an interesting way for Amazon to route a parcel to get to British Columbia. Ordered from the US site, suppose they probably just load up everything to Canada and route it through Ontario, but quite a lot of backtracking to do.