Corona / Vax UK

Old Jan 9th 2021, 12:35 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Corona / Vax UK

What the hey, thought I'd start a new thread on the UK's Coronavirus situation, rather than continuing to muddy the Maple Leaf's Corona thread. There are a few ex-Brits around, I believe. So a few snippets from today: 68K daily infections (record) expected to get worse over the next two weeks. Presumably at some stage the vaccinations (1.2 million latest figure) will start to put a break on new infections. Deaths today 1325 - also a record, sadly. London mayor Sadiq declares a "major incident" in London and fears NHS London being overwhelemed within a week or two. London infection rate 1:30 and in some parts 1:20 (National 1:50).
Old Jan 9th 2021, 5:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Corona / Vax UK

Originally Posted by Shard
What the hey, thought I'd start a new thread on the UK's Coronavirus situation, rather than continuing to muddy the Maple Leaf's Corona thread. There are a few ex-Brits around, I believe. So a few snippets from today: 68K daily infections (record) expected to get worse over the next two weeks. Presumably at some stage the vaccinations (1.2 million latest figure) will start to put a break on new infections. Deaths today 1325 - also a record, sadly. London mayor Sadiq declares a "major incident" in London and fears NHS London being overwhelemed within a week or two. London infection rate 1:30 and in some parts 1:20 (National 1:50).
Latest figure was just under 1.5m for vaccinations, as of Boris' latest Coronavirus briefing. I think it was two nights ago? So presumably more now. All of those in their 80's or older that we know have had it, so that's good. My parents are in their 70's and Dad has had his appointment through so will be having his first soon.
Old Jan 9th 2021, 6:27 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Latest figure was just under 1.5m for vaccinations, as of Boris' latest Coronavirus briefing. I think it was two nights ago? So presumably more now. All of those in their 80's or older that we know have had it, so that's good. My parents are in their 70's and Dad has had his appointment through so will be having his first soon.
Well, old BoJo does have a habit of big upping everything !?! Although perhaps that's the case. Latest ONS figure in this link:

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/deta...d_vaccinations

I see that Liz & Phil have now had their jabs. My wife thinks we should be informed on which vaccine they were given, I think it doesn't matter as we receive what we are given.

Old Jan 9th 2021, 8:14 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Well, old BoJo does have a habit of big upping everything !?! Although perhaps that's the case. Latest ONS figure in this link:

I see that Liz & Phil have now had their jabs. My wife thinks we should be informed on which vaccine they were given, I think it doesn't matter as we receive what we are given.
Perhaps this should be in the UK part of BE - or the Lounge... not really relevant to Canada
Old Jan 10th 2021, 7:28 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

That’s only up to 3rd Jan though, so a week out of date now. Seems to be using the weekly NHS figures which are only released every Thursday, for data to the Sunday prior.

And I’m with you, can’t see why it makes a different personally! My guess is that it was the Oxford vaccine, because it was done at Windsor Castle so that would be easier to transport & administer. But I don’t see why we’d need to know that anyway.
Old Jan 10th 2021, 5:54 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Mother, 86, south Oxfordshire, still hasn't received hers and has no idea yet.
Old Jan 10th 2021, 9:35 pm
Yo

Originally Posted by Expatrick
A doctor on LBC was asked about this today, and said there are a handful of 80s and 90s that have not received their vaccination yet, but that they should receive notice very soon. So it's not ideal for your mother, but hopefully it will resolve itself very soon.

Some very emotional accounts on the same radio show about the effects of Covid and Long Covid. It really does seem like the government hasn't fully communicated the "downside risk" to the public, even after all this time. I think that's why a small segment of the population have not been taking it seriously. But the tone in the last few days has very muc been the ICU's have many 30s and 40s too, and that might be giving some doubters a bit more to think about.
Old Jan 10th 2021, 9:39 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

...the tone in the last few days has very muc been the ICU's have many 30s and 40s too, and that might be giving some doubters a bit more to think about.
Not to mention the cancelled cancer surgeries.
Old Jan 10th 2021, 9:43 pm
Yo

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Not to mention the cancelled cancer surgeries.
That definitely sends a signal. What a horrific situation for individuals caught up in the timing of this surge. And of course, the extent of the surge could have been lessened with competent government. Tragic.
Old Jan 10th 2021, 9:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Expatrick
It seems to be so dependent on the GP’s surgery. Our little village surgery has been doing it since 16th December, and yet other friends say theirs are only starting next week.

Hope she gets her appt very soon.
Old Jan 11th 2021, 2:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Just under 2 million vaccinated now - https://www.england.nhs.uk/statistic...-vaccinations/
Old Jan 11th 2021, 3:21 pm
Yo

Just under 2 million vaccinated now - https://www.england.nhs.uk/statistic...-vaccinations/
Good site. (Final link if anyone else is checking). 2 million is quite significant, I guess we're on our way.

Was watching something on The Spectator yesterday, and they said with the Gov's strategy to priority vaccinate, there are only a few million that are higher risk of death so that within a few weeks, the fatality level should reduced and remain controlled. Hope this is true !
Old Jan 11th 2021, 3:32 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Good site. (Final link if anyone else is checking). 2 million is quite significant, I guess we're on our way.

Was watching something on The Spectator yesterday, and they said with the Gov's strategy to priority vaccinate, there are only a few million that are higher risk of death so that within a few weeks, the fatality level should reduced and remain controlled. Hope this is true !
Yes, I've been watching that site but it's only been weekly figures so far which is pretty useless. The new daily figure is much more helpful.

There's a vaccine press briefing shortly, will see what they say that that, but they've been saying essentially the same thing on the news today. I can't remember the figure but it was something like 85% of those who've died so far would have been in the top few groups that they're aiming to get vaccinated in the next month or so, so that should hopefully make a huge difference to the fatality rates, although there will then be a few weeks lag to see that take effect I guess.
Old Jan 11th 2021, 3:35 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Fingers crossed...
Old Jan 11th 2021, 3:57 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

But of those 2 million only 374,613 have had the 2nd dose- making them vaccinated in full... so not as good as it's made out to be.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.