Album collections

Old Jan 27th 2019, 1:13 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Album collections

Been busy getting together some albums I used to have back in Blighty that I left behind, mostly because they were beer stained and scratched to kucf

mostly been searching kijiji and Facebook Marketplace. Yes I could order everything on CD from Amazon, but it’s about the chase, and I want the older versions and anyhow The Wall is unavailabile on Amazon at this time.

anyone else collecting anything

cant upload my pic so don’t matter umph !!

Last edited by magnumpi; Jan 27th 2019 at 1:20 am.
Old Jan 27th 2019, 2:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Album collections

Tragically Hip !!!! You have assimilated

Sorry..I couldn't resist. The Hip is a band I just can't get into....Bob Seger and the Eagles rub me the same way.

You can't go wrong with Dark Side of the Moon or Animals although I think Wish you were here is my favourite.
Old Jan 27th 2019, 2:10 am

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
Tragically Hip !!!! You have assimilated

Sorry..I couldn't resist. The Hip is a band I just can't get into....Bob Seger and the Eagles rub me the same way.

You can't go wrong with Dark Side of the Moon or Animals although I think Wish you were here is my favourite.
have a copy of WYWH in my sights waiting to hear back
Old Jan 27th 2019, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnumpi

have a copy of WYWH in my sights waiting to hear back
I have it on CD but I gather you're looking for the vinyl.

I was in a small craft brewery a couple of days ago in Carleton Place and they have an area where you can sample the products. Wish you were here was playing as they have a turntable and you can make requests while you're having a beer. They had Sgt Pepper so I had to ask for Within you Without You as I was suppin' me pint.
Old Jan 27th 2019, 2:01 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

I was in a small craft brewery a couple of days ago in Carleton Place and they have an area where you can sample the products. Wish you were here was playing as they have a turntable.
Do you have a "sleeve" and a man bun?
Old Jan 27th 2019, 2:14 pm

I have it on CD but I gather you're looking for the vinyl.

I was in a small craft brewery a couple of days ago in Carleton Place and they have an area where you can sample the products. Wish you were here was playing as they have a turntable and you can make requests while you're having a beer. They had Sgt Pepper so I had to ask for Within you Without You as I was suppin' me pint.
yeh I have had the one with the burning man leaning fwd, now I am in a country where I can get the one with the man leaning back copy
Old Jan 27th 2019, 2:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dbd33
Do you have a "sleeve" and a man bun?
Ha ha nope. Not a fan of the sleeve look and I don't have a man bun but I do have a few plaid shirts and prefer craft beer to mainstream swill.
Old Jan 27th 2019, 4:03 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Ha ha nope. Not a fan of the sleeve look and I don't have a man bun but I do have a few plaid shirts and prefer craft beer to mainstream swill.
I've suddenly developed a love of Japanese beer.
Old Jan 27th 2019, 4:04 pm
Proudly Scarberian

Pizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond repute

I'm grumpy that my Queen records were "borrowed" in Nigeria- I mean no one even has a record player out there so WTF?

Most of my collection is still intact though.
Old Jan 28th 2019, 1:48 am

I picked up another wall album and meddle.

10$ each, I was going to buy wish you were here but it had sold so I went to look at these even tho I have already, I thought maybe could do a flip

however when I got them home, one is a 1979 USA first issue wall album, the other is a Japan pressing for Meddle, no flip, for the sake of 20$ I will keep them just because I want to lol
Old Jan 28th 2019, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

Gave away a large box of vynl dating back to the early '60'' to a great nephew who is well into this media of yesteryear, including WYWH and many others. Had been gathering dust in a box in the basement for years. Now they see the light of day and are played and appreciated once more....and the beat goes on.... Now what to do with a few hundred cd's, rarely played these days, having been ripped to mp3/4 format and living in a couple of iPods, backed up on to a number of hard drives

Last edited by macadian; Jan 28th 2019 at 10:59 am.
Old Jan 28th 2019, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

10$ each, I was going to buy wish you were here but it had sold so I went to look at these even tho I have already, I thought maybe could do a flip

however when I got them home, one is a 1979 USA first issue wall album, the other is a Japan pressing for Meddle, no flip, for the sake of 20$ I will keep them just because I want to lol
No Ummagumma with its radio friendly songs, 'careful with that axe eugene' or 'several small species of small furry animals gathered together in a cave and grooving with a pict'?
Old Jan 28th 2019, 12:52 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Have all my albums from the 80's. All in pristine condition. Bought a turntable a few years ago, but it didn't get much use as listening for 22 mins at a time is infuriating now. Nevertheless, nice to have as an artefact. Good selection Magnum.
Old Jan 28th 2019, 2:54 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

...'careful with that axe eugene'...?
Zabriskie Point...one of my favourite movies

Strangely retitled apparently.
Old Jan 28th 2019, 5:26 pm
Proudly Scarberian

Pizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond reputePizzawheel has a reputation beyond repute

You might want to check out Beach Sound Records at 898 Kingston Road (upper beaches). Second hand record shop not too far from you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.