Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

At airport and terrified lol

At airport and terrified lol

Old Sep 27th 2008, 9:52 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: At airport and terrified lol

Have just seen this thread, Tanah.

Sorry to hear that some of your family members reacted negatively to your departure. Don't worry. It's just the immigration hamsters. If they don't set up little wheels in which to run in the minds of those who emigrate / immigrate, they sometimes set up their wheels in family members' or friends' minds.

I'm not being flippant and dismissing the pain this caused you. I've dealt with negative attitudes on the part of some family members for DECADES. I can well recall how it used to upset me.

It's just more recently I've found a way of distancing myself from the phenomenon, by blaming it on the immigration hamsters. I adopted the idea of hamsters, by the way, from something one of our former members, hot wasabi peas, once said.

Anyway, you may be on Vancouver Island by now or, if not on the island yet, at least in Vancouver. I'm up the road from the Cowichan Valley, in Nanaimo.

Welcome to Canada.
x
Old Sep 28th 2008, 4:53 am

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough
Default Re: At airport and terrified lol

Just seen the thread
Welcome to canada

We have been here for a week and wow a week it has been.
Saying goodbye to family is hard, i cried for around 48hrs before i left, couldnt face much more and then after i checked my bags in i cried some more

It is normal to get gitters, i had loads, plus OH family not as good as mine, but there loss etc
Aweek in and we love it, do miss family, but fingers crossed they will come around in time.

Good luck with the new part of your life