British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Maple Leaf (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/)
-   -   At airport and terrified lol (https://britishexpats.com/forum/maple-leaf-98/airport-terrified-lol-563751/)

Tanah Sep 26th 2008 6:49 am

At airport and terrified lol

Well, its 7.40am, hubby has gone to drop animals at the cargo centre and I'm sat in the hotel room waiting for him to come back so we can go check in at T1. To say im cr*pping myself is a slight understatement. yesterday was a blurr, shppers arrived and my house was emptied - most stuff went in but had to leave a fewbits behind - oh well!!

Goodbyes were AWFUL - its not been easy anyway as my mum and sister have been really stroppy with me for going - my Mum has been VERY upset about the whole thing and i really think she thought if she cried enough over the last few weeks I would change my mind. I have hardly seen her as she has been avoiding me like the plague and when I have seen here she has burst into tears - its been very hard. Myself and hubby have coped pretty much on our own, no help from either side of our family at all. ( not even little stuff on the last day like milk or help cleaning etc). yesterday I felt like the worst person on earth and it made it so much harde to do what we are doing

So im sat here at the airport - my tummy is doing a million summersaults my legs wobble when i stand up and i feel like running away:lol:
Luckily im sure I have read posts on here where people have felt last minute panic as they are getting ready to fly over - we have a very long day ahead of us with 2 kids and 4 animals - so for now i'll sign off and hopefully see you all at the other side - and I'll be feeling much better.

rgilbert Sep 26th 2008 7:00 am

Re: At airport and terrified lol

I hope it all goes well for you. I'm sure last minute jitters is normal. :)

lins and Stef McLachlan Sep 26th 2008 7:10 am

Originally Posted by Tanah (Post 6821098)
Well, its 7.40am, hubby has gone to drop animals at the cargo centre and I'm sat in the hotel room waiting for him to come back so we can go check in at T1. To say im cr*pping myself is a slight understatement. yesterday was a blurr, shppers arrived and my house was emptied - most stuff went in but had to leave a fewbits behind - oh well!!

Goodbyes were AWFUL - its not been easy anyway as my mum and sister have been really stroppy with me for going - my Mum has been VERY upset about the whole thing and i really think she thought if she cried enough over the last few weeks I would change my mind. I have hardly seen her as she has been avoiding me like the plague and when I have seen here she has burst into tears - its been very hard. Myself and hubby have coped pretty much on our own, no help from either side of our family at all. ( not even little stuff on the last day like milk or help cleaning etc). yesterday I felt like the worst person on earth and it made it so much harde to do what we are doing

So im sat here at the airport - my tummy is doing a million summersaults my legs wobble when i stand up and i feel like running away:lol:
Luckily im sure I have read posts on here where people have felt last minute panic as they are getting ready to fly over - we have a very long day ahead of us with 2 kids and 4 animals - so for now i'll sign off and hopefully see you all at the other side - and I'll be feeling much better.

Hi
Bless you!!!!
How awful of them to be so negative.....you will get through this...it is after all YOUR life and no good sitting in an old folks home in your old age here wishing you had made the move. Tell them to look forward to the holidays they can have with you.
Wishing you all the very best....have a drink on the plane...for medicinal purposes of course
lol
Stef

McNicoll family Sep 26th 2008 7:22 am

Good luck!! :D

What a shame for you that your family couldn't be supportive of your decision. I am sure you will feel better when you get there. :thumbup:

chumley Sep 26th 2008 7:37 am

good luck you only get one life just live it and bums to everyone else!

littletwinkle46 Sep 26th 2008 7:57 am

Hey,

my thoughts are with you for the day it must be soo hard without your family's support.
concentrate on the large glass of wine youll have tonight when you finally get there, then when you get it your allowed to have the biggest contented sigh ever and youll know today is over with, ready to look forward to the rest!

Karen :thumbsup:

nikki dreaming Sep 26th 2008 9:08 am

Sorry you had such a hard time leading up to the off, hope you have a great flight and enjoy your new life:thumbsup::thumbsup:

sioux Sep 26th 2008 11:30 am

you will be fine. We arrived in Vancouver yesterday and was such a breeze- everything went well

purple80 Sep 26th 2008 11:43 am

Just last minute jitters, I am sure that you will be fine once the travellling is all done.
Hope you have a good journey, and welcome to your new life!

Charlie

The4BellsLondon Sep 26th 2008 11:51 am

Big hugs - this time next week you will read this and hipefully laugh :@)

fozzy33 Sep 26th 2008 12:32 pm

Good luck for the day ahead Tanah.:thumbsup:

Biiiiink Sep 26th 2008 2:28 pm

Bon voyage Tanah :)

Julie_p Sep 26th 2008 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by Tanah (Post 6821098)

Aww this is such a personel post showing such insight to how you are feeling, i admire you for that, family can be a nightmare sometimes, i am hoping to be on the 26th oct flight and yesterday my mum was telling me how ill my nan is and she thinks shes got a dodgy heart :eek: needless to say i felt awful and guilty for going. I am sure when you get there and settle you will feel so much better....just think of the great holidays your family can have with you!

big hugs Julie

Anita100 Sep 26th 2008 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by Julie_p (Post 6822205)
Aww this is such a personel post showing such insight to how you are feeling, i admire you for that, family can be a nightmare sometimes, i am hoping to be on the 26th oct flight and yesterday my mum was telling me how ill my nan is and she thinks shes got a dodgy heart :eek: needless to say i felt awful and guilty for going. I am sure when you get there and settle you will feel so much better....just think of the great holidays your family can have with you!

big hugs Julie

Good luck to you, hope everything goes well. As others have said you have to live your life & they can visit, which i'm sure they will. I will be in the same boat on 26th oct & will be equally as nervous having my dog on the same flight.

Julie_p Sep 26th 2008 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by Anita100 (Post 6822347)
Good luck to you, hope everything goes well. As others have said you have to live your life & they can visit, which i'm sure they will. I will be in the same boat on 26th oct & will be equally as nervous having my dog on the same flight.

:eek:omg east yorkshire too :rofl: we are in bridlington! we will all be looking out for each other :rofl: where are you heading calgary too??