Air Canada

Old Mar 29th 2018, 4:17 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Air Canada

The only problem we have had with AC is checking in online. We always have to join the long queues at Pearson to check in.

Edit...we always book direct with the airline.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Mar 29th 2018 at 4:37 pm.
Old Mar 29th 2018, 4:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
So if you knew how bad they were then why did you book with them

Was it due to price, direct flight, flight times/connections or the fact that they have new uniforms?
Was the price the same on their website as the 3rd party website?
Flight times and the price...could've paid an extra $150/person to fly out of DTW with Delta but the flight time wasn't as preferable to the AC one.

Not sure as it was super last minute and we just booked with our credit card travel site.
Originally Posted by bats
I don't think Air Transat let you book in online if you book through someone else.

Why do you make such a big deal out of dual citizenship? I give my Cabadian passport details for the booking and show that passport to everyone except UK immigration. The airline wouldn't even know that I have dual citizenship.
I'm contemplating doing it that way when we head there in the summer but i've always shown my Maltese one to the airline when traveling there and the Canadian one on the way back and I don't want to "flip flop" on which one I continually show them, but I suspect that's just me over-worrying and it doesn't really matter.
Old Mar 29th 2018, 4:25 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
T2 at Pearson is such a mess it's difficult to even find it on the maps and signage
I didn't know there was a Terminal 2 I thought it odd that there's a 1 and a 3 but accepted it as a Canadian oddity. Signage must be bad as I've never noticed any but then signage is bas at Pearson generally.

Originally Posted by withabix
Do they even have those now?
Not at Pearson. I was there 10 days ago and we had to complete the info on the machines. The same way that you had to befire when the machine didn't like your handwriting. The machine then spat a receipt at you which you showed to grumpy CBSA people then usual palaver after that.

There was also an "express" line for the few machines that handled the newer passports, biometric?
Old Mar 29th 2018, 4:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't know there was a Terminal 2 I thought it odd that there's a 1 and a 3 but accepted it as a Canadian oddity. Signage must be bad as I've never noticed any but then signage is bas at Pearson generally.

Not at Pearson. I was there 10 days ago and we had to complete the info on the machines. The same way that you had to befire when the machine didn't like your handwriting. The machine then spat a receipt at you which you showed to grumpy CBSA people then usual palaver after that.

There was also an "express" line for the few machines that handled the newer passports, biometric?
Interesting, it's a good move, I hate the bloody forms (because my handwriting sucks). According to FL's link https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-v...k-bip-eng.html they are only at T3 at YYZ. Will be interesting to see if we get the forms on the way back on Monday. We will be flying into T1 I think.
Old Mar 29th 2018, 4:35 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gozit
Flight times and the price...could've paid an extra $150/person to fly out of DTW with Delta but the flight time wasn't as preferable to the AC one.

Not sure as it was super last minute and we just booked with our credit card travel site.

I'm contemplating doing it that way when we head there in the summer but i've always shown my Maltese one to the airline when traveling there and the Canadian one on the way back and I don't want to "flip flop" on which one I continually show them, but I suspect that's just me over-worrying and it doesn't really matter.
Show them the passport whose details you have given to the airline. As you need a Canadian passport to get back into Canada then it has to be the Cabadian one.simples.
Old Mar 29th 2018, 4:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Show them the passport whose details you have given to the airline. As you need a Canadian passport to get back into Canada then it has to be the Cabadian one.simples.
That's where I messed up I think. I gave them both.

When I checked in online from YYZ-->FRA-->MLA I gave the Maltese passport info

When I checked in to return from MLA-->FRA--->YYZ I used the Canadian.
Old Mar 29th 2018, 5:13 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

From what I understand Air Canada had run into some issues with the Canadian Govt in regards to getting the sattelite wifi approved that they will be using on widebody fleet.

Seems the issues have been resolved and all widebody aircraft should have it by end of 2018.

The reason Canadian airlines were so far behind US and other airlines in getting wifi in general was due to the Canadian govt as well.

Things are more difficult in Canada.
Old Mar 29th 2018, 5:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
From what I understand Air Canada had run into some issues with the Canadian Govt in regards to getting the sattelite wifi approved that they will be using on widebody fleet.

Seems the issues have been resolved and all widebody aircraft should have it by end of 2018.

The reason Canadian airlines were so far behind US and other airlines in getting wifi in general was due to the Canadian govt as well.

Things are more difficult in Canada.
Interesting I didn't know that. I am not surprised. Wonder if the 777 i'm flying on in July will have it by then
Old Mar 29th 2018, 6:09 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

The winky faces were supposed to indicate that I wasn't entirely serious. Terminal 2 at Pearson was decommissioned and subsequently demolished in 2007 when the new T1 was built. There are only two regularly operating passenger terminals at Pearson, numbered 1 and 3; there's also the Infield Terminal which was recommissioned briefly to handle the influx of Syrian refugee flights between December 2015 and Feb 2016, and a VIP terminal that services private aircraft.
Old Mar 29th 2018, 6:36 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
The only problem we have had with AC is checking in online. We always have to join the long queues at Pearson to check in.

Edit...we always book direct with the airline.
Yeah.

I always go the direct with the airline route these days. It's easier to chop and change things.

A lot of small print costs booking via the third party sites and all the liability is typically on the passenger.
Old Mar 29th 2018, 6:52 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

The winky faces were supposed to indicate that I wasn't entirely serious. Terminal 2 at Pearson was decommissioned and subsequently demolished in 2007 when the new T1 was built. There are only two regularly operating passenger terminals at Pearson, numbered 1 and 3;...
That's what they'd like you to believe. It still exists for secret alien landings in North America.

When there are difficulties checking in on line or other forms not working n machines, it's only because of 'interference' from the alien spacecraft navigation systems.
Old Mar 29th 2018, 7:06 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

777 last I saw should be summer and 787 by Nov.

Interesting I didn't know that. I am not surprised. Wonder if the 777 i'm flying on in July will have it by then
Old Mar 29th 2018, 10:52 pm
limey party pooper

That's where I messed up I think. I gave them both.

When I checked in online from YYZ-->FRA-->MLA I gave the Maltese passport info

When I checked in to return from MLA-->FRA--->YYZ I used the Canadian.
Didn't you say you couldn't check in online?

The winky faces were supposed to indicate that I wasn't entirely serious. Terminal 2 at Pearson was decommissioned and subsequently demolished in 2007 when the new T1 was built. There are only two regularly operating passenger terminals at Pearson, numbered 1 and 3; there's also the Infield Terminal which was recommissioned briefly to handle the influx of Syrian refugee flights between December 2015 and Feb 2016, and a VIP terminal that services private aircraft.
Duh daft me
Old Mar 30th 2018, 3:29 am
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

We don't often fly these days, but flew AC March last year for the first time in about 3 years ............ I did what I've done many times

Book with the airline with the second cheapest seat, and that allows you to go online the day before and reserve your seat, or the third cheapest which allows you to reserve seats at the time of booking. Both allow you to check in online and print off your boarding pass. They also both allow you one free checked bag

Daughter did the same thing last August
Old Mar 30th 2018, 10:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

They have no Wi-Fi on their planes despite major European and US airlines having it and seem to have no plans to implement it and it seems they are just behind on everything and their online systems suck.
Wi-Fi is not a requirement on a plane. To me, it would not be a deal killer. When I've been on planes, I've seen it offered but the price was quite high and I didn't bother. Time to de-plug/de-connect and read a book, talk to your fellow passengers, look out the window, get disappointed by the food etc. Or watch a movie. I watched a great documentary about what Gary Numan is up to these days on a Swiss Air flight.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.