ADHD

Old Nov 12th 2015, 10:35 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ADHD

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
For children, the object of "hyperfocus" might be playing a video game or watching TV. For adults, it might be shopping or surfing the Internet. But whatever holds the attention, the result is the same: Unless something or someone interrupts, hours drift by as important tasks and relationships fall by the wayside."
My stepson, when he was much younger, would watch TV and when an ad break came on he'd channel hop, often watching something else that couldn't mean anything without having seen more and then go back to his 'movie' when the break was over. He couldn't just wait or even watch the ads.

Other times he'd have a box of beads which he would just tip up and endlessly sort into colours/size etc and put back in the box.
Old Nov 12th 2015, 10:41 am
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
My stepson, when he was much younger, would watch TV and when an ad break came on he'd channel hop, often watching something else that couldn't mean anything without having seen more and then go back to his 'movie' when the break was over. He couldn't just wait or even watch the ads.

x.
Doesn't everyone do that ?!
Old Nov 12th 2015, 10:51 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
Doesn't everyone do that ?!
I thought making a coffee or going for a pee or picking up the paper was more likely. Or just watching the ads.

To watch a couple of minutes of something underway and then see no more?

Do you read a book, get to the end of a chapter, put it down and then read a page and only a page of a random book before starting the next chapter?
Old Nov 12th 2015, 8:41 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Other times he'd have a box of beads which he would just tip up and endlessly sort into colours/size etc and put back in the box.
I flipped channels when I was younger when a commercial was on, now I tend to just get up and do something else...then go back, but it's rare I can even find something to watch that keeps my attention to watch.
Old Nov 12th 2015, 8:42 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
Then it might be an idea to ease back off B. expats- it does seem to occupy a considerable portion of your day observing as an outsider.Things can rapidly become an obsession unfortunately.
The internet in general is for me, its a work in progress, and I have been spending less time on it in general, some days I do better then other days.

I find it easier to avoid on the sunny or at least dry days, on the pouring down rain day's a little harder since well it's no fun outside when your getting drenched. lol

Right now much of the internet use is a general lack of things to fill the day, small towns are not ideal places to be when one needs to fill hours upon hours of the day....lol

Little steps though.
Old Nov 13th 2015, 1:44 am
Oscar nominated

...on the pouring down rain day's a little harder since well it's no fun outside when your getting drenched...
Get one of these

Old Nov 13th 2015, 2:10 am
BE Enthusiast

AllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of light

Once you get on to the medication treadmill, it's extremely difficult to get off. I can say that as I am in that position now for a different condition. We are talking Psych drugs in general.

Enquire up front about side effects and subsequent withdrawal symptoms should you decide to come off medication later on. Don't be fooled - these are really powerful drugs.

I don't know about ADHD treatment, but if you can take the CBT treatment route you will be better off in the long run.

Last edited by AllyS; Nov 13th 2015 at 2:20 am.
Old Nov 13th 2015, 3:13 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by AllyS
Once you get on to the medication treadmill, it's extremely difficult to get off. I can say that as I am in that position now for a different condition. We are talking Psych drugs in general.

Enquire up front about side effects and subsequent withdrawal symptoms should you decide to come off medication later on. Don't be fooled - these are really powerful drugs.

I don't know about ADHD treatment, but if you can take the CBT treatment route you will be better off in the long run.
I do know how miserable coming off the medications are, that is the only reason I am on Effexor still, I just could not deal with the bad symptoms I was having as the dose was lowered and we were only lowering it 37.5mg every 4 weeks, I was okay at first but at around 75mg, I was dizzy, brain zaps, moody, unable to safely work at the time so I went back up and within 24 hours felt fine again.

Coming off these drugs is miserable.

I am on the wait list for CBT, it's done pretty haphazard here and I've gone through it before, it's about 12 hours in total over 6 weeks meeting once a week as a group.

I need to work on some things that just can't be done in a classroom type thing in a group, but one on one therapy is a bit pricey, so have to wait for now.

I am not sure which route I will do yet, not easy to decide, I have taken several groups and some one on one counseling, and self help books, but I am clearly doing something wrong as I can't seem to rid myself of the issues and thinking clearly/more normally.
Old Nov 13th 2015, 3:17 am
Account Closed

I've got one. However when it pours down like it has been, you still end up soaked especially the feet. I need to get some rain boots....lol.. My sneakers can't handle this heavy rain and mini-lakes that form all over.

Doesn't help there is no sidewalk around this area (lots of area's in this town don't have them.) so it's walking in mud, or in the bike lane/side of the road and you get soaked by the cars, who seem to purposely hit the big puddles...

Did take the dog for a walk, she went about 10 mins and refused to keep walking, she would not budge, so I carried her home, silly dachshunds hate rain and cold.
Old Nov 13th 2015, 4:18 am
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Try the 7 minute workout. Very little equipment and space needed. Do it in the comfort of your own warm and dry home Start off doing one round and build yourself up once you get fitter. I almost died doing it the first time but now I can do 4 rounds comfortably. If you're not sure how to do individual exercises search them in youtube.

Exercising in your own home is seriously underrated!
Attached Thumbnails ADHD-7-min-workout.jpg  
Old Nov 13th 2015, 6:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Take the right drugs and you will be like the normal people ? Sod that. I will live with what and who I am. No need for labels, thanks !
Old Nov 13th 2015, 9:06 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by scot47
Take the right drugs and you will be like the normal people ? Sod that. I will live with what and who I am. No need for labels, thanks !
When depression, anxiety and other issues create a situation where you feel miserable emotionally, it's not about labels. Something has caused me to be severely depressed and anxious for as long as I can remember, back to age 6 or so...
Old Nov 13th 2015, 9:07 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pom_Chch
Try the 7 minute workout. Very little equipment and space needed. Do it in the comfort of your own warm and dry home Start off doing one round and build yourself up once you get fitter. I almost died doing it the first time but now I can do 4 rounds comfortably. If you're not sure how to do individual exercises search them in youtube.

Exercising in your own home is seriously underrated!
I shall this, neat chart. Thanks.
Old Nov 13th 2015, 2:21 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

I do know how miserable coming off the medications are, that is the only reason I am on Effexor still, I just could not deal with the bad symptoms I was having as the dose was lowered and we were only lowering it 37.5mg every 4 weeks, I was okay at first but at around 75mg, I was dizzy, brain zaps, moody, unable to safely work at the time so I went back up and within 24 hours felt fine again.

Coming off these drugs is miserable.

I am on the wait list for CBT, it's done pretty haphazard here and I've gone through it before, it's about 12 hours in total over 6 weeks meeting once a week as a group.

I need to work on some things that just can't be done in a classroom type thing in a group, but one on one therapy is a bit pricey, so have to wait for now.

I am not sure which route I will do yet, not easy to decide, I have taken several groups and some one on one counseling, and self help books, but I am clearly doing something wrong as I can't seem to rid myself of the issues and thinking clearly/more normally.
I've suggested this before but here it is again.
GET.gg Cognitive Behaviour Therapy Self-Help Resources

Read it, use it. It is very helpful. I know as I use it myself.
Old Nov 14th 2015, 12:38 am
BE Enthusiast

AllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of light

I do know how miserable coming off the medications are, that is the only reason I am on Effexor still, I just could not deal with the bad symptoms I was having as the dose was lowered and we were only lowering it 37.5mg every 4 weeks, I was okay at first but at around 75mg, I was dizzy, brain zaps, moody, unable to safely work at the time so I went back up and within 24 hours felt fine again. Coming off these drugs is miserable. I am on the wait list for CBT, it's done pretty haphazard here and I've gone through it before, it's about 12 hours in total over 6 weeks meeting once a week as a group. I need to work on some things that just can't be done in a classroom type thing in a group, but one on one therapy is a bit pricey, so have to wait for now. I am not sure which route I will do yet, not easy to decide, I have taken several groups and some one on one counseling, and self help books, but I am clearly doing something wrong as I can't seem to rid myself of the issues and thinking clearly/more normally.
Check out this website: Surviving Antidepressants.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.