3 weeks in NS

Old Sep 6th 2017, 4:28 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3 weeks in NS

Originally Posted by weves View Post
We are talking about supermarket prices.

I'm not saying the OP is exaggerating. They could have had a different experience, I did ask where they found that milk.

There is a difference to providing alternative (current) anecdotal evidence to extrapolating 3-year-old data found in a newspaper report of a study. The latter being only valid if the former isn't available.

I know that the price of food is a concern for people who are moving here (it was for me), and they read these forums, and yes it is a little high, so there is no need to exaggerate it further and worry people.

I’m actually in Halifax, now, not 2014, I’ve been here a year and the price has been rock steady $5.19 in at least 2 major supermarkets. When I do have to shop out of those, I get it for $5.79 at the absolute most.
I feel you are referring to Walmart and Costco....
Old Sep 6th 2017, 4:43 pm
Just Joined

weves is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Howefamily View Post
I feel you are referring to Walmart and Costco....
Costco yes, but the other one in my mind is No-frills (so not a major supermarket perhaps!)

Walmart I feel is also maybe 5.19, but worse dates usually so I don't get it from there.

All same brand by the way.

Last edited by weves; Sep 6th 2017 at 4:49 pm.
Old Sep 6th 2017, 4:47 pm
Just Joined

weves is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lorry1 View Post
I do agree that the farmers get squeezed here in the UK and I don't particularly like it. I guess things will change once we're out of the EU though!
Oh yes, very soon you'll have loads of money to spend on fair milk prices. That'll be a top priority.
Old Sep 6th 2017, 4:50 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorry1 View Post
The shop was Avery's farm market but yes I agree it is (slightly) cheaper in the supermarkets. Either way, my statement about it being more expensive than the UK, is correct.

I do agree that the farmers get squeezed here in the UK and I don't particularly like it. I guess things will change once we're out of the EU though!
hell to the yes on that one. I have farming friends there that are so broke because of it.