Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Malta
Reload this Page >

dogs into and out of MALTA

dogs into and out of MALTA

Old Feb 14th 2007, 6:37 pm
Just Joined

helen2803 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up dogs into and out of MALTA

Hi, can anyone advise please? I have just bought a penthouse in Mellieha Malta and wish to drive down once a year(instead of flying every month) and bringing my dogs with me.can anyone help with customs etc. they are fully pet passported and ready to travel. Do I have to have them wormed and ticked in Genoa before entering Malta, as I know I have to do this in France before entering the UK. please can anyone help?????

Last edited by Sue; Feb 14th 2007 at 9:09 pm. Reason: Moved to Europe forum
Old Feb 14th 2007, 6:42 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: dogs into and out of MALTA

Originally Posted by helen2803
Hi, can anyone advise please? I have just bought a penthouse in Mellieha Malta and wish to drive down once a year(instead of flying every month) and bringing my dogs with me.can anyone help with customs etc. they are fully pet passported and ready to travel. Do I have to have them wormed and ticked in Genoa before entering Malta, as I know I have to do this in France before entering the UK. please can anyone help?????
I don't think there is a Malta section ..but perhaps the Spanish section may help... repost it there
http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=75
Old Feb 14th 2007, 7:16 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Google is your friend I think the problem is getting from Malta to the UK in the time limit of injections, unless you know a vet nearer the border.

Oooops 21 day Quarantine, but rules do change, so phone and check.

Pets (dogs/cats/birds) can be imported into Malta under a licence issued by the Director of Agriculture on application to the Government Veterinary Services, Albertown, Marsa. Pets are not allowed to be imported from countries which are not free from rabies. Quarantine period is 21 days for dogs and cats coming from the UK, Australia, New Zealand, Norway, Sweden and one month for those from Austria, Belgium, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Holland, Switzerland and the USA. Six months for pets from other countries. Further details regarding certification and vaccinations can be obtained on application to the Government Veterinary Services, The Abattoir, Marsa Tel00356) 21244236

Last edited by jdr; Feb 14th 2007 at 7:19 pm.
Old Feb 14th 2007, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

helen2803 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey thanks ray! it seems so difficult as we are all in the EU!!!???
I was lead to believe there was no quarantine due to EU and as long as dogs were properly pet passported there were no problems. But who knows?? in the last 4 years travelling and living between Malta and the uk the rules are not clear. I would appreciate some defient facts. Do you live on Malta?
Old Feb 14th 2007, 8:18 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I was lead to believe there was no quarantine due to EU and as long as dogs were properly pet passported there were no problems. But who knows?? in the last 4 years travelling and living between Malta and the uk the rules are not clear. I would appreciate some defient facts. Do you live on Malta?
I think you mean JDR ...not me ... he lives in Spain ....
I live in Fl....
Old Feb 14th 2007, 8:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Should this really be in Site Feedback?
Old Feb 14th 2007, 8:31 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Should this really be in Site Feedback?
No it should of been posted in Europe really, but I cant move it ;-)
Old Feb 14th 2007, 8:36 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

I live in Spain.

Try here....

Veterinary Affairs and Fisheries Division,
The Abattoir,
Albert Town, Marsa - CMR 02.
Tel: 2590 5301. Fax: 21 238 105
E-mail: [email protected]
Old Feb 20th 2007, 2:34 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Woof Woof ???