Reload this Page >

A few Malta questions

A few Malta questions

Old Nov 19th 2007, 12:02 pm
Just Joined

kevmcnal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A few Malta questions

Hi

We are thinking of moving over to Malta from the UK early next year and would like to bring our car, can anyone confirm if there will still be a tax to pay when entering Malta with my car ? also what documents would I need ? I read about a green card insurance for the car but not sure what that involves ? If I am living in Malta does anyone know the cost of car insurance cpmared to the UK ?

Is it easy enough to set up a self employed business in Malta ? I work online so would be working from home.

thanks
Old Nov 19th 2007, 1:19 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A few Malta questions

Originally Posted by kevmcnal
Hi

We are thinking of moving over to Malta from the UK early next year and would like to bring our car, can anyone confirm if there will still be a tax to pay when entering Malta with my car ? also what documents would I need ? I read about a green card insurance for the car but not sure what that involves ? If I am living in Malta does anyone know the cost of car insurance cpmared to the UK ?

Is it easy enough to set up a self employed business in Malta ? I work online so would be working from home.

thanks

Hiya
Cant answer most of your questions, only to say that green card doesn't exist as such any more.

Dont know if the regulations there are the same as most EU countries seem to be, but you will probably have to have your car matriculated to Maltese plates and be road tested there. UK insurance is only valid normally for cover outside the UK temporarily.