Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Malta
Reload this Page >

Any info on Birkirkara

Any info on Birkirkara

Old Jun 16th 2012, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

selinuntina is on a distinguished road
Default Any info on Birkirkara

Hi! can anyone give me any info on living in Birkirkara? Rent for accomodation, schools, things to do, how far from the beach ??? ANY info greatly received
Old Jun 26th 2012, 10:48 am
Just Joined

Sipsoo Dragon has a brilliant futureSipsoo Dragon has a brilliant futureSipsoo Dragon has a brilliant futureSipsoo Dragon has a brilliant futureSipsoo Dragon has a brilliant futureSipsoo Dragon has a brilliant future
Default Re: Any info on Birkirkara

I went through it a couple of times last week when I was there, nice place.

For accommodation try these.

http://www.simonestates.com/search.asp
http://www.maltahomes.net/
http://www.franksalt.com.mt/

Regards..
Old Aug 1st 2012, 10:23 pm
Just Joined

Wafer is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Selinuntina,

My experience of Birkirkara is that it's a fairly practical and modest place to live. You can get everything you need within walking distance as there are plenty of small and medium sized stores/shops, it also has lots of car and motorcycle dealers. There are some nice features, tree lined roads and that sort of thing. I haven't seen any fancy restaurants or night life, they might exist there and maybe another poster will be able to provide more info on this. But there are some fast food restaurants; a Mc Donalds and a Chick King and those sorts of places.

I haven't seen any tourists in Birkirkara, as it's quite inland. It's about 30-45minute walk to Gzira, Sliema and Valletta, depending on exact destination. Or about 5-10 minutes on a scooter or car.

Cheers
Wafer
Old Aug 25th 2012, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

aes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud of

The centre is known for its discount shops, eg JB discount stores is where you can get everything and anything for household and fabrics. Also, Smart supermarket has an organic section and is one of the biggest supermarkets on the island. In general, B'kara is easy to get to by bus or car, but always busy, noisy, traffic jams, and inland. Not much of an expat place, but having said that I do know of a Brit who lives there.