Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

Woman strips to avoid paying for chicken rice

Woman strips to avoid paying for chicken rice

Old Apr 24th 2015, 7:57 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Woman strips to avoid paying for chicken rice

Is it April 1st? Nope, April 24th I think. I don't get it. Can someone explain to me? Why would someone do that? Is this a KL thing? Don't get this in Penang.

From today's Star Online:
KUALA LUMPUR: A woman stripped off her clothes to avoid paying for a meal worth around RM18 in Petaling Street here.

The woman, believed to be a foreigner, went to a chicken rice restaurant with a man around 3pm, Thursday.

A nearby stall owner identified only as Wong said the woman had two plates of chicken rice before trying to leave without paying.

"When the restaurant operator tried to stop her, she denied having eaten there.

"However, she was shown a CCTV recording of her eating in the restaurant, so she started stripping to avoid paying," said Wong, who runs a jewellery stall beside the restaurant.

A video of the woman taking off her top was uploaded on YouTube a few hours after the incident.
More here (but not much more )
Woman ‘strips’ to avoid paying RM18 for chicken rice - Nation | The Star Online
Old Apr 24th 2015, 8:45 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Woman strips to avoid paying for chicken rice

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Is it April 1st? Nope, April 24th I think. I don't get it. Can someone explain to me? Why would someone do that? Is this a KL thing? Don't get this in Penang.

From today's Star Online:
KUALA LUMPUR: A woman stripped off her clothes to avoid paying for a meal worth around RM18 in Petaling Street here.

The woman, believed to be a foreigner, went to a chicken rice restaurant with a man around 3pm, Thursday.

A nearby stall owner identified only as Wong said the woman had two plates of chicken rice before trying to leave without paying.

"When the restaurant operator tried to stop her, she denied having eaten there.

"However, she was shown a CCTV recording of her eating in the restaurant, so she started stripping to avoid paying," said Wong, who runs a jewellery stall beside the restaurant.

A video of the woman taking off her top was uploaded on YouTube a few hours after the incident.
More here (but not much more )
Woman ‘strips’ to avoid paying RM18 for chicken rice - Nation | The Star Online
At first I thought she went to the 'Wong" restaurant.
Old Apr 24th 2015, 8:54 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Old Apr 24th 2015, 2:47 pm
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

I'm gonna try that next time I'm at Long Beach
Old Apr 25th 2015, 7:58 am

Expect jail if you do

Well, the woman has been arrested and it turns out she is Malaysian.... from Sabah. I guess they do things differently in Sabah.
Petaling street stripper from Sabah arrested - Nation | The Star Online
Old Apr 25th 2015, 11:10 am
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Expect jail if you do

Well, the woman has been arrested and it turns out she is Malaysian.... from Sabah. I guess they do things differently in Sabah.
Petaling street stripper from Sabah arrested - Nation | The Star Online
Actually I was just joking BB, even though the chicken rice is even cheaper in jail I would be worried about getting a sore botty