Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

So... who ended up retiring in Malaysia?

So... who ended up retiring in Malaysia?

Old Apr 8th 2011, 4:27 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So... who ended up retiring in Malaysia?

Originally Posted by Jim Smith
Penang has moved to the top of our list. Had a brief stay in Jan/10 and hope to do some more fact finding in May this year to make sure it is the right decision. Possibly share it with Tianjin, China where my wife hails from!
Oh... are you still coming here in May? Reason I ask is that we've got a little MM2H Makan Meetup in the first week of May for MM2Hers and Wannabe MM2Hers (currently organized by moi). If you're here during the first week, let me know.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 10:59 pm
Just Joined

Love2Penang is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
I wonder if you can help me and provide information about Penang especially with advice as to where to live in Penang and property prices. This is my first posting.
Old Apr 12th 2011, 2:23 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Love2 and welcome to BE. Well I don't know anything about you or what your budget for accommodation is, so I really cannot help you there.

Property prices - just do a google for Penang property, there are tons of websites. There is also restriction on what you can buy as a Foreigner and also if you have the MM2H retirement visa. But you've not said whether you are thinking about buying or renting.

You've posted under the Retirement thread, so I must assume you are thinking about retirement???
Old Apr 12th 2011, 1:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Oh... are you still coming here in May? Reason I ask is that we've got a little MM2H Makan Meetup in the first week of May for MM2Hers and Wannabe MM2Hers (currently organized by moi). If you're here during the first week, let me know.
Yes when we get back from UK I will come to come to Malaysia around 2nd/3rd May! On my own unfortunately as my wife has run out of leave! I only have 100+ days left!
I will PM you in the next couple of days!

Jim...........
Old Apr 13th 2011, 3:49 am

Okay Jim. I'm actually off on a road trip from this Saturday until Easter, so I'll drop you a PM. The meetup is going to be held at a foodcourt in the MM2H-Belt (that's Bt Ferringhi-Tg Bungah-Tg Tokong-Gurney area) and we've now set a date/time for Tuesday May 3rd @ 7pm. That might be a bit tight for you I guess if you're coming in on May 2nd or 3rd.

Ah well, if you cannot make it, we'll probably do another one in June I think. It's a new idea, so just see how it goes.

If there's any other REGULAR forum posters on here, who are in Northern Penang and are Retired or Wannabe Retirees, see me and I'll tell ya what we're up to.
Old Apr 29th 2011, 12:26 am
Just Joined

Hi Love2 and welcome to BE. Well I don't know anything about you or what your budget for accommodation is, so I really cannot help you there.

Property prices - just do a google for Penang property, there are tons of websites. There is also restriction on what you can buy as a Foreigner and also if you have the MM2H retirement visa. But you've not said whether you are thinking about buying or renting.

You've posted under the Retirement thread, so I must assume you are thinking about retirement???
Hi BakedBeans
I am hoping to visit Penang sometime this year. I am hoping to buy property -there is it possible for me to call you or e-mail you. My e-mail address is (SNIP)
Thanks for your response

Last edited by Mitzyboy; May 1st 2011 at 9:47 am. Reason: Dont put your email up on a public forum
Old Apr 30th 2011, 9:30 am

Hi and welcome to BE. I'm not sure why you want to email me or call me. I don't know you.

If you've got some things to discuss about Penang, why don't you start a new thread on here and fire away? Let's all discuss, uh?
Old Apr 30th 2011, 9:14 pm
Just Joined

Hi and welcome to BE. I'm not sure why you want to email me or call me. I don't know you.

If you've got some things to discuss about Penang, why don't you start a new thread on here and fire away? Let's all discuss, uh?
Hi
Thanks for your reply. I am so new to this I have no idea how to start a new thread. Basically I am living in Toronto I have my own accounting practice it is crazy buzy. I have visited Malaysia once but I have not visited Penang. I would just love to speak to someone from Penang that is all. If you can e-mail me or if anyone living in Penang can e-mail me that would be great my address is (SNIP)

Last edited by Mitzyboy; May 1st 2011 at 9:46 am. Reason: Dont put your email up on a public forum, not a good idea
Old May 1st 2011, 2:16 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Love3Penang,

You can find instructions of how to start a new thread in our Frequently Asked Questions list here:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/faq.p...#faq_new_topic

By the way, welcome to BE. I hope you are enjoying getting to know everyone.

Quick tip though, it's not wise to post your email address on a public forum it will get picked up by spammers.
Old May 1st 2011, 6:53 pm
Just Joined

vellazev is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Love2Penang
Hi BakedBeans
I am hoping to visit Penang sometime this year. I am hoping to buy property -there is it possible for me to call you or e-mail you. My e-mail address is (SNIP)
Thanks for your response
Hi Love2Penang, sorry for interrupt, I might have some offer for you to buy a property in Penang. Kindly provide me your email so that we can get into details. Thanks
Old May 3rd 2011, 3:18 am

Hi Vellazev, I think there are a zillion property websites that Love2 can look at properties. If you've got a property to sell, take a look at the Classifieds section.

So.... anyone want to talk about Retiring in Malaysia on here? I'm 9 months here and still enjoying it
Old May 3rd 2011, 9:33 am
Just Joined

Hi Vellazev, I think there are a zillion property websites that Love2 can look at properties. If you've got a property to sell, take a look at the Classifieds section.

So.... anyone want to talk about Retiring in Malaysia on here? I'm 9 months here and still enjoying it
Opps, Sorry bakedbean, I am new here, thanks for your advise, I will look in to Classifieds section. I am from Malaysia,Penang. If anyone would like to know more info about Malaysia, I am happy to help.
Old May 5th 2011, 9:36 am

That's nice of you Vellazev. Just feel free to chip in on any of the threads on here. I've only been in Penang for 9 months but it already feels like home
Old May 8th 2011, 5:18 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by vellazev
Hi Love2Penang, sorry for interrupt, I might have some offer for you to buy a property in Penang. Kindly provide me your email so that we can get into details. Thanks
Hi Everyone

Thanks for the help. I will be visiting Penang in July what would the weather be like
Do you have a phone number i can call you at. i have tried posting my email address but it does not work i will try again <snip> maybe that will work.

Last edited by Sue; May 9th 2011 at 2:14 am. Reason: Honestly it's really not a good idea to post your email address on a public forum. Instead share via private message.
Old May 8th 2011, 5:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Love2Penang
Hi Everyone

Thanks for the help. I will be visiting Penang in July what would the weather be like
Do you have a phone number i can call you at. i have tried posting my email address but it does not work i will try again <snip> maybe that will work.
Hi Love2Penang, Between May to July it is the driest period in Malaysia, how long will you be in Penang for? I am currently living in UK, will be back to Penang at end of August. I got your email add. Will send you email.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.