Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

Relocating to Kota Kinabalu

Relocating to Kota Kinabalu

Old May 8th 2012, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

ragazzo14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Relocating to Kota Kinabalu

Hi all, I am Maltese and wish to relocate to Kota Kinabalu, have visited the place and fell in love with it. I'm finding it very difficult to find a job in the Hospitality industry with the Food & Beverage management dept, all help is appreciated.
Old May 9th 2012, 8:10 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Relocating to Kota Kinabalu

Hi, just to say to the forum. I'm afraid I cannot help you at all but hopefully someone will be along with some relevant info before too long.

KK is on my ever growing list of places to visit. Some friends went there last year and they said it was fantastic. All the best.
Old May 9th 2012, 9:54 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Relocating to Kota Kinabalu

Don't want to put a downer on things but out of Kuching, KK and KL the place I least like to visit and would least like to live is KK.

Good luck to the OP but unless he has something exceptional to offer or is transferring there with an already established company then I think he will have difficulties.

There are a number of hotels in the area generally for tourists rather than business although I've been there on business and holiday. I expect the OP must have stayed in one of these during his visit.
Outside the hotel industry I reckon there's only tours to see Orang utans or climb Mt Kinabalu for anyone in the hospitality line.

ragazzo14, have you visited any other Malaysian cities or towns.
What made KK stick out as a highlight for you?