Pre-election jitters

Old May 5th 2013, 3:53 am
ajw

Location: Melbourne - London - Bangkok - Melbourne - Kuala Lumpur - Melbourne
ajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pre-election jitters

Agreed. He is the perpetrator rather than the reformer. Just spoke to my friend here who was at school with Najibs stepson. Not long ago, he picked up a nice little penthouse in New York for $35m. Heard about Rosmah's famous shopping spree's? But for all out nastiness, this one takes the cake:
http://www.theage.com.au/world/malay...112-2cmk6.html
Old May 5th 2013, 4:57 am
Forum Regular

kennyboy33 is just really nicekennyboy33 is just really nicekennyboy33 is just really nicekennyboy33 is just really nicekennyboy33 is just really nicekennyboy33 is just really nicekennyboy33 is just really nicekennyboy33 is just really nice

I've stocked up on cif cleaning stuff and rubber bands.

Didn't have my glasses with me.
Old May 5th 2013, 6:02 am
Forum Regular

abdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond repute

Well, there goes 'hope' for reform!
Old May 5th 2013, 7:11 am
ajw

ajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond repute

Malaysian Airways ground staff in Perth yesterday offering Malaysians free Perth hotel accommodation and $400aud if they decide not to fly to Malaysia..

Desperate much?
Old May 5th 2013, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

Harlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud of

Yeap. They even give out temp citizenship to foreign labour worker just to vote them in.
Old May 5th 2013, 9:10 am
ajw

More Bangledeshi's than Malaysians at some polling stations
Old May 5th 2013, 2:29 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Penang has declared already and the DAP have won all seats that they contested so its a landslide. Firecrackers going off here
Old May 5th 2013, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

Harlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud ofHarlow Lad has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Penang has declared already and the DAP have won all seats that they contested so its a landslide. Firecrackers going off here
You are safe in Penang.
Old May 5th 2013, 2:35 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely... We have battened down the hatches, door locked, grill locked
Old May 6th 2013, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by abdulawwal

I would feel more comfortable with the stability and steady economic growth that currently exists. And would hope that Najib continues to reform the country and slowly get rid of corruption etc.

Regards
Abdul
Well done Abdul. You backed the winner

Huge turnout 80 percent....got to admire the Malaysians.
Old May 6th 2013, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond reputeBluenose1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Well done Abdul. You backed the winner

Huge turnout 80 percent....got to admire the Malaysians.
I agree with you, BB on the turnout. Quite something.

So many posters on Facebook..... I have quite a few Chinese/Malay friends and a few Indian/Malay friends and it's unbelievable the way they don't seem to accept the results..... so many claims of illegal voters and violence at polling stations. I can only go by what I saw yesterday in Melaka. There are 2 polling stations very near my in-laws. I was waiting for my wife who was trying to buy some paratha and was in the car for between 10 and 15 minutes. Everything was peace personified. There must have been hundreds coming and going and everyone was very well behaved. Later, we passed another couple of polling stations and again there was no trouble that we saw.

I have also seen an article that suggests there is going to be a big demonstration somewhere outside of KL on Wednesday.......

The latest I saw was that someone had started a petition that had supposedly gained over 100,000 signatures (I wonder if any were from foreigners flown in?) that is supposedly being sent to the UN!

Maybe we haven't heard the last of it yet............ ?
Old May 6th 2013, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

Well in the middle of the counting sudden power surge. When the power come back up, thats a mystery 100k extra vote appear.

Malaysia is a little bit different to Britain when it come to election.
Old May 7th 2013, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by Harlow Lad
Well in the middle of the counting sudden power surge. When the power come back up, thats a mystery 100k extra vote appear.
Yes there are some interesting stories that are coming to light.

In the run up to the election, a friend in Penang saw with her own eyes, bribes being given out (wadges of cash) in return for votes in the State leader's constituency. Looks like the Chinese took the money but still voted for the Opposition The Chinese are smart uh?

Seriously..... be interesting to see if anything happens, or doesn't happen, re the demonstration.
Old May 9th 2013, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

abdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond repute

The demo was not far from here in Kelana Jaya. Stadium was packed out!

We're going to Penang for the weekend, and I was told by my landlady that a demo is planned for Penang too on the 11th! Is this true? Anybody know where?

Regards
Abdul
Old May 10th 2013, 7:41 am

Usually see these kind of things pinging around Facebook and I've not seen anything (yet). Hey, enjoy your weekend