Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

new in town.anyone living in seremban?

new in town.anyone living in seremban?

Old Mar 13th 2012, 1:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Atilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really niceAtilla is just really nice
Default Re: new in town.anyone living in seremban?

Models = Product Promotion = Suppliers = Revenue
Old Mar 14th 2012, 6:49 am
Just Joined

jenlee is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there. I am not an expat. A local KL-ites who had moved over to Nilai 6 months ago so pretty new here myself. But getting around and liking the tranquility a lot. If you need some help getting around in Nilai or Seremban, (my parents 'moved' to Seremban from KL 4 years ago..) send me a note and I'll try to be as helpful and hospital-able as much as we, Malaysians are known to be ) Cheers!
Old Mar 14th 2012, 8:14 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jenlee. That's very nice of you. You'll need to do a couple more postings before the PM function works for you.
Old Mar 14th 2012, 8:18 am
Just Joined

Whoops..ok bakedbean. Thanks for the tip. By the way, indulge me...what does PM stand for...not Prime Minister right? :-P
Old Mar 14th 2012, 8:45 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Private Messages.

To use, for example, click on my name and you will get a pull down menu. One of the options is Send a Private Message.

To check your own messages in your Inbox, look at top right hand corner of this page. You will see a little envelope and a link to Private Messages. Just click on that.

But you need 1 more post (I think) then you can use the function.
Old Mar 14th 2012, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

columbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond repute

Oooo BB, I thought PM = Post Menopause

ok just joking

Good to get to know a 'local'....thank you JenLee!!!
Old Mar 14th 2012, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

columbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond reputecolumbine has a reputation beyond repute

Just read about this on Seremban 2 today: (Nov 23, 2011). Not sure if it's resolved yet.
http://www.starproperty.my/PropertyS...cene/16895/0/0
Old Mar 14th 2012, 3:21 pm
Just Joined

Cool!.. Bakedbeans...learning new things everyday
Glad it doesn't mean what Columbine said

To the point in question on Seremban 2, Columbine. That's cleared all right. They have a very efficient team of resident committee over at Greenstreet Homes.
Nice township..
Old Apr 10th 2012, 1:19 pm
Just Joined

shaz200 is an unknown quantity at this point

thank you all for your input and tips. we have now been in seremban for 3 weeks now and are loving it. you are right, the ppl are very friendly and we have not had any problems (except for taxi drivers trying to rip us off). have been going dwon regulary to port dickson and have found a small gated community there with a few ex-pats living there - i think i might like to move there however the property is sooo cheap ( i saw a lovely tudor looking house going for sale, but it is going to be auctioned off - i been told that a) foreigners cant buy auctioned property, and b) it is under 500K and my minimum must be over that for mm2h - soo sad and heart breaking to see the house of my dreams going for so cheap - and i cant buy. does anyone know of a way i can buy?
Old Apr 10th 2012, 4:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Do keep posting and keep us up to speed with your possible move to PD.
Interesting choice if you do relocate there. Seremban may be a little quiet. I liked the place but never stayed more than about three days there but have stayed over on numerous occassions.
Good luck with whatever you decide.PD used to be famous for its sea food is that still the case.?
Old Apr 11th 2012, 2:41 pm
Just Joined

shaz200 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi troubadour. PD and sea food..... well, to tell you the truth im a bit of a coward at the moment, i havent tried anything different yet. im soo scared ill fall ill. lol...it sounds sad of me, but i got too much to do and sort out at the minute, i cant afford to fall ill with tummy bugs. some sea foods, especially prawns, tend to give me like food poisoning symtoms, sometimes. So have just been sticking to curries..i even been spilling out the ice cubes the waiter puts in the drinks as im sure its not bottled...in time im sure ill try it.
Old Apr 11th 2012, 3:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shaz200
hi troubadour. PD and sea food..... well, to tell you the truth im a bit of a coward at the moment, i havent tried anything different yet. im soo scared ill fall ill. lol...it sounds sad of me, but i got too much to do and sort out at the minute, i cant afford to fall ill with tummy bugs. some sea foods, especially prawns, tend to give me like food poisoning symtoms, sometimes. So have just been sticking to curries..i even been spilling out the ice cubes the waiter puts in the drinks as im sure its not bottled...in time im sure ill try it.
hi Shaz200, Naturally you may have a point. Taking a look around the net tonight on PD found an article on the fact that it is a big army town. So much so that it was refered to as Bandar Tentera in the last electon. (means Army Town) A number of miltary personal have retired in PD.
Not sure if it has any relivance or not with aspects of livability in the town?
Some complaint also about the beach being dirty.
Always good to get all the sides I think.
I never had a problem with the ice in Malaysia but always took care in Indonesia.
Anyway very interesting reading your progress there. Keep it coming.
Old Apr 11th 2012, 3:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Strider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud of

To me PD is not what it once was as there are too many resorts and buildings abandoned 1/2 done. However places like the Port Dickson yacht Club (PDYC) are always a wonderful meeting place. PDYC tends to be in 2 parts, the club and the yacht club, but is social and food and drinks reasonable. Also was always a place for expats to meet. There are some good eating joints around and the pasir malam is excellent for Malay food stalls. On the south side there are some good places to rent or buy as well. Have a friend with a lovely place being renovated ready to rent or sell at the moment. Not far from Admiral Marina...which is a seriously expensive place to eat or drink.

If you end up with a place and want to renovate, the monster hardware in Nelai 2 is very good and the huge carpet (and everything else) is also at Nelai 2, but avoid weekends or holidays as you wont be able to move. Good luck