Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

My Malaysia Research Complete!

My Malaysia Research Complete!

Old Jun 26th 2012, 2:55 am
Forum Regular

abdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond repute
Default My Malaysia Research Complete!

Hi all,

Well, I've been here in Malaysia for almost three months now: analysing, researching, watching!

I've made the decision to return to the UK in a couple of weeks and get the wife and kids to pack their bags!

My main concerns here were income, and I've been looking into the various issues surrounding working here and establishing a business. I've managed to come up with a good idea for which I've had good feedback.

Although I spent most of my time in Johor, I've been spending a lot of time in KL and it is definitely the place to setup a business if you want growth.

I looked at various areas to live in, based on requirements, business and budget, and have decided on Subang Jaya, specifically SS19 or SS18. Schools wise I'm looking at Sri KL (though they have a huge waiting list!) or Sri Sedaya. I'm also considering Tenby and SMART, but need to take a good look at my budget.

Can't wait to move now... Family is quite excited too, and hoping things work out! Advice welcome...

Regards
Abdul
Old Jun 26th 2012, 5:30 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Malaysia Research Complete!

Hey Abdul, that's great. All the very best with your plans and your move and do hope you keep posting on here. I'm sure you'll have a lot to say about KL after you've moved
Old Jun 26th 2012, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

TopHattedCat has much to be proud ofTopHattedCat has much to be proud ofTopHattedCat has much to be proud ofTopHattedCat has much to be proud ofTopHattedCat has much to be proud ofTopHattedCat has much to be proud ofTopHattedCat has much to be proud ofTopHattedCat has much to be proud ofTopHattedCat has much to be proud ofTopHattedCat has much to be proud ofTopHattedCat has much to be proud of

Hey Abdul, good luck with the move, I wish you every success.

What line of business are you going to set up?
Old Jun 26th 2012, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

abdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the encoraging words!

Going to be setting up a training centre offering courses on business development. My background is in consultancy in the UK, specifically online presence and marketing. Hoping to bring some of that experience here along with getting instructors to teach subject specific courses.

Regards
Abdul
Old Jul 11th 2012, 7:41 am
Just Joined

Peep is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by abdulawwal
Thanks for the encoraging words!

Going to be setting up a training centre offering courses on business development. My background is in consultancy in the UK, specifically online presence and marketing. Hoping to bring some of that experience here along with getting instructors to teach subject specific courses.

Regards
Abdul
Hi Abdul,

We're in much the same position (but no kids!) we have been considering our business ideas here and I've noticed how behind Malaysia is in terms of online. I'm from a Branding/Online design background and quite keen on setting up a multi discipline agency with a slant on training people.

Maybe we could have a chat sometime if you think it would be useful?

All the best

Peep
Old Jul 11th 2012, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

Hi Peep,

Sounds great. Would love to chat.

My background is in Multimedia and have been working in online marketing, consultancy and multimedia for 15 years.

You're right about Malaysia being behind the rest of the world. I've found there are a lot of trust issues with consumers here and the fear of being ripped off or mis-sold to.

I'm returning to the UK next week and will be back in KL early September. Keep in touch!

Regards
Abdul