British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Malaysia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/malaysia-148/)
-   -   My Malaysia Research Complete! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/malaysia-148/my-malaysia-research-complete-762891/)

abdulawwal Jun 26th 2012 2:55 am

My Malaysia Research Complete!

Hi all,

Well, I've been here in Malaysia for almost three months now: analysing, researching, watching!

I've made the decision to return to the UK in a couple of weeks and get the wife and kids to pack their bags!

My main concerns here were income, and I've been looking into the various issues surrounding working here and establishing a business. I've managed to come up with a good idea for which I've had good feedback.

Although I spent most of my time in Johor, I've been spending a lot of time in KL and it is definitely the place to setup a business if you want growth.

I looked at various areas to live in, based on requirements, business and budget, and have decided on Subang Jaya, specifically SS19 or SS18. Schools wise I'm looking at Sri KL (though they have a huge waiting list!) or Sri Sedaya. I'm also considering Tenby and SMART, but need to take a good look at my budget.

Can't wait to move now... Family is quite excited too, and hoping things work out! Advice welcome...

Regards
Abdul

bakedbean Jun 26th 2012 5:30 am

Re: My Malaysia Research Complete!

Hey Abdul, that's great. All the very best with your plans and your move and do hope you keep posting on here. I'm sure you'll have a lot to say about KL after you've moved :)

TopHattedCat Jun 26th 2012 9:47 am

Hey Abdul, good luck with the move, I wish you every success.

What line of business are you going to set up?

abdulawwal Jun 26th 2012 11:53 am

Thanks for the encoraging words!

Going to be setting up a training centre offering courses on business development. My background is in consultancy in the UK, specifically online presence and marketing. Hoping to bring some of that experience here along with getting instructors to teach subject specific courses.

Regards
Abdul

Peep Jul 11th 2012 7:41 am

Originally Posted by abdulawwal (Post 10139753)
Thanks for the encoraging words!

Going to be setting up a training centre offering courses on business development. My background is in consultancy in the UK, specifically online presence and marketing. Hoping to bring some of that experience here along with getting instructors to teach subject specific courses.

Regards
Abdul

Hi Abdul,

We're in much the same position (but no kids!) we have been considering our business ideas here and I've noticed how behind Malaysia is in terms of online. I'm from a Branding/Online design background and quite keen on setting up a multi discipline agency with a slant on training people.

Maybe we could have a chat sometime if you think it would be useful?

All the best

Peep

abdulawwal Jul 11th 2012 11:27 am

Hi Peep,

Sounds great. Would love to chat.

My background is in Multimedia and have been working in online marketing, consultancy and multimedia for 15 years.

You're right about Malaysia being behind the rest of the world. I've found there are a lot of trust issues with consumers here and the fear of being ripped off or mis-sold to.

I'm returning to the UK next week and will be back in KL early September. Keep in touch!

Regards
Abdul