Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

Moving to Malaysia with Family (Sarawak or KL)? MM2H or business which one best?

Moving to Malaysia with Family (Sarawak or KL)? MM2H or business which one best?

Old Jun 25th 2020, 6:02 pm
Just Joined

faraidon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Malaysia with Family (Sarawak or KL)? MM2H or business which one best?

hello too all

My name (Faraidon Ali Hussein) 48 years old married from Erbil - Kurdistan - IRAQ with two kids my son 16 and my daughter 10 years old, I have plan to move to Malaysia (Sarawak or KL) under MM2H or Business Visa if still applicable, i;d like to ask experts what you suggest for family of for with budget 200K USD to do in relocating is MM2H and open business good choice or what else, please help i appreciate your advices.

Note, I've been in Malaysia couple times with family and alone too but never been to Sarawak yet have plan when Airport open to visit, is there any expat i can contact to have coffee with and discuss live there or in KL?

Thank you very much to let me in this place.
Old Jun 26th 2020, 5:41 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Malaysia with Family (Sarawak or KL)? MM2H or business which one b

MM2H you can’t work
If you want to work you will need an employer to sponsor you or investigate about Labuan foreign owned companies (I don’t know details of this, you will need to research yourself)
KL is the capital city of the country and very expensive.
Kuching for schooling and housing is more affordable. But less jobs / business opportunities
Old Jun 27th 2020, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

eCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Malaysia with Family (Sarawak or KL)? MM2H or business which one b

What kind of business you plan to do? Import/Export to/from Iraq? Basically can do, but note that you have to do your own business, nowadays I think it is close to impossible to get employed somewhere in Malaysia.

I don´t know it, but I think there are zero Arabic schools suitable for your kids in Sarawak. Even in Penang quite unlikely. In and around KL you have options, so probably it not makes too much sense to go anywhere else. As KL also has a big Iraqi community and all other places have not.

Old Jul 23rd 2020, 6:05 am
Just Joined

expatriatelife is an unknown quantity at this point

As someone mentioned you can't work with the MM2H visa. If you are planning to start your own business then you could consider the MTEP which is the Malaysia Tech Entrepreneur Programme. With your budget of 200K USD you could start a business as you will be eligible under the Individual category of MTEP visa or even the Residence Pass category if you have experience setting up businesses in the past. You should explore this option.
https://expatriate-life.com/debunk-g...rogramme-mtep/