Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

Mont kiara to Alice smith

Mont kiara to Alice smith

Old Jan 10th 2012, 7:33 am
Just Joined

Nitelite is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mont kiara to Alice smith

Hi everyone! Would anyone know how long it would take me in dropping off kids from mont kiara to Alice smith ???? Thanx
Old Jan 10th 2012, 10:41 pm
ajw

Location: Melbourne - London - Bangkok - Melbourne - Kuala Lumpur - Melbourne
ajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mont kiara to Alice smith

I've done AS to MK in the afternoon and its not too bad because of the good motorway links up through Jalan Duta. Around 15-20 should do it. Interestingly, I have friends who live in MK and pick up from Garden (also in MK). It takes them at least 30 mins in the car because of the traffic congestion in the area and cars queueing to get into the school!
Old Jan 10th 2012, 10:49 pm
ajw

ajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure how old your kids are there lots of children from fhe Hartamas/MK area who catch the bus to AS
Old Apr 30th 2012, 5:38 am
Just Joined

Nic-inthesun is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there we are moving to Mont Kiara Hills in August and our 2 girls will hopefully be going to Alice Smith (One Primary, One Senior) Has anyone got kids in year 5 or year 7 who live in the area and take the bus?
Old Apr 30th 2012, 5:49 am
Just Joined

Hello Nic! Hope your kids get in Alice smith...it's a great school! I live in mont kiara & do the Alice smith run every day ...the school has a very good bus system ...I think they have a lot of kids from the mont kiara area..so it shd'nt be a problem for your kids!
Old Apr 30th 2012, 7:27 am
Just Joined

Hi Nitelite and thanks for your reply, great to know there will be others from the area going to AS. Bit nervous about the move but I'm sure everything will work out well. We are from Scotland but have lived in Cyprus for the last 4 years so it is not our first move. I guess it will just take a bit of time to adjust to the new situation. My girls do ballet/tap/modern amd hip hop dancing. You would'nt happen to know if there are any dance schools around the area?
Old Apr 30th 2012, 8:01 am
Just Joined

Hi! Don't be nervous KL is a really nice place. We just shifted in Jan. & love it here! I have boys so no idea about dance classes but I know a few ppl who take their kids for them...will ask & pass you the info. If you want to know anything else let me know! Tc
Old Apr 30th 2012, 8:23 am
Just Joined

Hi Nitelite

Thanks very much that is very kind.
Old May 1st 2012, 12:53 am
ajw

When you start at AS the class rep Mums will organise a newcomers class coffee morning which will allow you to meet some of the other Mums or Dads in the class. Everyone is very friendly!