Hello again

Old Aug 16th 2011, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

optimistic_jim has a brilliant futureoptimistic_jim has a brilliant futureoptimistic_jim has a brilliant futureoptimistic_jim has a brilliant futureoptimistic_jim has a brilliant futureoptimistic_jim has a brilliant future
Default Re: Hello again

Hahaha BB, hopefully Mont Kiara is less prone to nutters! You'll read above that the bar was in the Curve which is in PJ

So I'm still in a hotel! Moved to the One World in PJ though, much nicer than the Royal Bumtang! Good news today though, they have confirmed that I've got an apartment

The other one fell through due to a pain-in-the-ass landlord, so it was lucky escape in my opinion, this one is much nicer and better views, so I'm not complaining.

Anyway, there's an update in case anyone is interested...

I'll try to visit more and you never know, it'll be nice to maybe meet up with some of you for a drink and food (seeing as you can't seem to meet up with anyone here without eating!), prolly once I get settle in my own place and get more into travelling the country....

Ciao, OJ
Old Aug 17th 2011, 12:45 am
Forum Regular

joamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud of

Great to hear that you are settling in well. What have you made of it so far? I can remember the first couple of months very much felt like I was on holiday....9 months in I think I must be over the culture shock because it seems very much like life continues as normal. I miss my family and friends back home but really like living here!
Old Sep 20th 2011, 9:02 am
Just Joined

Geremi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by optimistic_jim
Haha, OK, so don't fancy going back to sunny UK then? Staying this side of the globe I might do the same, we'll see how I feel in a few years...

Rental agreement won't be a problem if and when I come to leave as it's all dealt with by the company and the good news is that I've found somewhere ) It's a condo in a place called Tiffany, Mont Kiara - really nice facilities and good locale, so am happy, just waiting for my company to sort all the paperwork and finally I can start to get settled! Although you are right, The Curve is a pretty good place to be stuck for a while, great nightlife, had a laugh with a friend last night simply watching the crazyness of a local bar - bartender doing Michael Jackson dancing on the bar, Hungarian expats doing "I don't know what!" techno style dancing in the middle of the tabled area outside, where absolutely no one else was dancing - brilliant entertainment

Car shopping at the mo too, had fun getting lost trying to find a Ford dealer today, driving is sooo much fun here too, just got to go with the flow!

KLCC visit tomorrow for the first time since I've been here, so looking forward to that.

I'll let you know if I'm over your way on my travels.....
Thats a great shout getting a Ford over here. I have just moved over here in July. (to sri hartmas.. near you). I am getting a fiesta in the next few days. Just becareful with the Focus/Mondeo... Great cars but price drops fast as the Malaysia Market are very slow to change their ideas as to what a good car is. Generally the love Japanese cars and think everything else is poor quality!
Old Sep 20th 2011, 9:04 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by optimistic_jim
Hahaha BB, hopefully Mont Kiara is less prone to nutters! You'll read above that the bar was in the Curve which is in PJ

So I'm still in a hotel! Moved to the One World in PJ though, much nicer than the Royal Bumtang! Good news today though, they have confirmed that I've got an apartment

The other one fell through due to a pain-in-the-ass landlord, so it was lucky escape in my opinion, this one is much nicer and better views, so I'm not complaining.

Anyway, there's an update in case anyone is interested...

I'll try to visit more and you never know, it'll be nice to maybe meet up with some of you for a drink and food (seeing as you can't seem to meet up with anyone here without eating!), prolly once I get settle in my own place and get more into travelling the country....

Ciao, OJ
Oh no. My rents are coming over and are looking to go into Royal Bintang haha. I wont mention one world to them ;-)

If you fancy a drink some time let me know
Old Sep 20th 2011, 9:33 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Geremi and welcome to BE. So you've not been long in KL... are you working here or a retired layabout like me?
Old Sep 21st 2011, 3:44 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Hi Geremi and welcome to BE. So you've not been long in KL... are you working here or a retired layabout like me?
I am 26 and retired.... Thats my dream haha. No actually, I am working in Cyberjaya, KL. I moved over here in July after having a secondontment for 6 months here. I am now looking to meet new people and looking for ideas of where to travel!

Airasia makes me happy!
Old Sep 21st 2011, 4:00 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Good for you. Yup, Air Asia is great. Need a new thread Where to travel to