Hello again

Old Jul 21st 2011, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

honeybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nice
Default Hello again

Have been on a three year hiatus from this forum and moved from China, to Uk and now Malaysia, my head is spinning.......................but hello to all
Old Jul 21st 2011, 2:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello again

Originally Posted by honeybee
Have been on a three year hiatus from this forum and moved from China, to Uk and now Malaysia, my head is spinning.......................but hello to all
Hi there...welcome back. Being as you're an old member I'm moving your thread over to our Malaysia forum.

We now have a team of concierges to help guide you around the forums...the concierges for the Far East Forums are bakedbean and nonthaburi...they will be pleased to help you find your way around the site.

If you have any problems or concerns please contact a moderator. We do not have a dedicated mod for the FE forums...therefore if you need assistance please contact a mod from this list....the moderators' names are printed in bold print.

Please give me a shout if you need any help.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jul 21st 2011 at 2:27 pm.
Old Jul 21st 2011, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

honeybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nicehoneybee is just really nice

Thanks Jersey Girl
Old Jul 21st 2011, 2:53 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Jersey Girl
You're very welcome.
Old Jul 21st 2011, 5:05 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Well welcome back .... we are so pleased to see you. The Malaysia forum has gone from strength to strength and I know that you will make loads of friends there.
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 8:24 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Honeybee. What brings you to Malaysia? Are you working here? I'm also in the country in Penang and about to start my 2nd year here.

So.. China to UK to Malaysia.... yeh, the joys of being an expat, right?
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

Hi BB,

Here due to husband's job, I'm just the trailing spouse though not for long as got myself a job starting in August. Have to sort our my immigration pass first though its much easier than before. Arrived 11 months ago. Have lived here before and left in 2004 so returning to old ground really though alot has changed and I forgot how frustrating things like traffic jams, 'tidak apa ness' the heat, smell of garbage, etc can be but I guess it takes time to adjust.

So you're in the Pearl of the Orient, how's that? Are you here for long?
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 9:58 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

I am here for the duration. At least that's the current plan. Should never say never I suppose, but been here one year and everything tickety boo so far. I think it will do and it's a good retirement visa
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

optimistic_jim has a brilliant futureoptimistic_jim has a brilliant futureoptimistic_jim has a brilliant futureoptimistic_jim has a brilliant futureoptimistic_jim has a brilliant futureoptimistic_jim has a brilliant future

Well seeing as you'd written a thread that perfectly titles my reason for posting I thought I'd get in on the thread

I was posting here a little more recently, maybe a month ago and now have firmly landed in Malaysia. Just completed my first week in the country and at work, all good so far, many things to get used to and still to sort out!

So, hello again
Old Jul 23rd 2011, 1:32 am
Forum Regular

Good for you OJ -like the display name!

Are you here with family? How has your first week been and where are you in Malaysia? Sorry for all the questions!
Old Jul 23rd 2011, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

optimistic_jim has a brilliant futureoptimistic_jim has a brilliant futureoptimistic_jim has a brilliant futureoptimistic_jim has a brilliant futureoptimistic_jim has a brilliant futureoptimistic_jim has a brilliant future

Haha, no it's OK, I'm used to the questions now!

I'm working in PJ, pretty much on the border to KL, up on the Curve if you know it. Currently staying in a hotel and no I'm single, divorced in fact, two kiddies back in the UK

Looks like I'll be living in Mont Kiara area now though seeing as I found a couple of really nice apartments there today, so will see how the negotiating goes!

I'm here for the next 3 years, possibly more, the plan is to return to the UK but who knows what the next 3 years will bring!

Next job is to get a bank account sorted and buy a car...then, I think, I'll be ready to get into the flow of living here.

Sounds like you've had a fun time expatting it around! How did you find the UK, are you originally from China?
Old Jul 24th 2011, 1:55 am

That's great OJ. Have fun..
Old Jul 29th 2011, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

Hi OJ,
Yup, know the Curve and Bandar Utama area pretty well, though we currently live in Setia Eco Park which is some way a way. Sounds like you have it all planned out.
Have friends who bought a condo in Mont Kiara recently, they love the place. Apparently occupancy has been low and landlords have been trying to sell so you may get a good bargain though for long term rental purposes when you leave it may be a problem, check with an estate agent.
Ha Ha, I am not from China originally, I am a Brit born and bred (though lived in China on our trails! )

Good luck with all the planning, I'm sure you'll love living near the Curve area as there is lots of night life there. Take care
Old Jul 30th 2011, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

Haha, OK, so don't fancy going back to sunny UK then? Staying this side of the globe I might do the same, we'll see how I feel in a few years...

Rental agreement won't be a problem if and when I come to leave as it's all dealt with by the company and the good news is that I've found somewhere ) It's a condo in a place called Tiffany, Mont Kiara - really nice facilities and good locale, so am happy, just waiting for my company to sort all the paperwork and finally I can start to get settled! Although you are right, The Curve is a pretty good place to be stuck for a while, great nightlife, had a laugh with a friend last night simply watching the crazyness of a local bar - bartender doing Michael Jackson dancing on the bar, Hungarian expats doing "I don't know what!" techno style dancing in the middle of the tabled area outside, where absolutely no one else was dancing - brilliant entertainment

Car shopping at the mo too, had fun getting lost trying to find a Ford dealer today, driving is sooo much fun here too, just got to go with the flow!

KLCC visit tomorrow for the first time since I've been here, so looking forward to that.

I'll let you know if I'm over your way on my travels.....
Old Aug 13th 2011, 2:33 pm

Crikey.... The bars seem a bit wacky in Mont Kiara

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.