employment pass

Old Apr 4th 2012, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

LivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to all
Default Re: employment pass

We were advised that it would be a 3-month process end-to-end, but in fact it was only 6 weeks or so and even my husband's employer was quite surprised! I guess the earlier you can send off the photos, passport pages etc the better so that the actual passes won't take long to be issued once you're in Malaysia (and I just read on another thread that you can't open a bank account without your employment pass!)
Old Apr 4th 2012, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

whybirda is just really nicewhybirda is just really nicewhybirda is just really nicewhybirda is just really nicewhybirda is just really nicewhybirda is just really nicewhybirda is just really nicewhybirda is just really nice

Great thanks for that and yes I'm aware you can't open a bank account until you have the employment pass but we have a plan to get round that one!
Thanks again
Old Apr 10th 2012, 5:13 am
Forum Regular

Nemodot is just really niceNemodot is just really niceNemodot is just really niceNemodot is just really niceNemodot is just really niceNemodot is just really niceNemodot is just really niceNemodot is just really nice

Originally Posted by whybirda
Great thanks for that and yes I'm aware you can't open a bank account until you have the employment pass but we have a plan to get round that one!
Thanks again
Hi you can open a bank account before having an employment pass - usually it just takes your employer getting an account opened for you on the understanding that you will pass a copy of the work permit later (that's what I did). In Malaysia rules are just paperwork easily bent by many methods (!)

You will need the EP to get local credit cards though which are advisable - don't rely on foreign ones as I got fed up explaining that I need to enter a PIN!