Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

Does Malaysia provide Visa on arrival ?

Does Malaysia provide Visa on arrival ?

Old Jan 18th 2014, 4:06 pm
Just Joined

chirag is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Does Malaysia provide Visa on arrival ?

Hello,

I am in India and going back to NZ through Malaysia.

I am also going to stay for two days in Malaysia.

My question is Do I require Visa for Malaysia or they will give Visa on arrival ?

P.S. I am resident of NZ and I do have Indian passport only.

Regards,
Chirag
Old Jan 19th 2014, 2:05 am
JC3
¿uo buıob s,ʇɐɥʍ

JC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond reputeJC3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does Malaysia provide Visa on arrival ?

Originally Posted by chirag
Hello,

I am in India and going back to NZ through Malaysia.

I am also going to stay for two days in Malaysia.

My question is Do I require Visa for Malaysia or they will give Visa on arrival ?

P.S. I am resident of NZ and I do have Indian passport only.

Regards,
Chirag
As a holder of an Indian passport you will need a visa, and you must apply before you travel, Malaysia does not offer Visas on Arrival for those that require them.

See the information here (and extract below):

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-....Malaysia.html

Several countries are required to get a visa before they travel, even if you are planning a short transit where you cross immigration, such as flights with Air Asia or if you wish to transfer within KUL airport from the terminal at KLIA to the terminal at LCCT. You must get your visa before you travel and it must be valid for the whole time that you are planning to stay in Malaysia. The immigration authority will not permit you to land in Malaysia if you do not have a visa before you travel. This includes transit [short stay] visas. Those who require a visa to stay include:
• Bangladesh
• China
• India
• Pakistan
• Sri Lanka
• Tawain
• Myanmar / Burma

Malaysia does not offer Visas on Arrival for those that require them, and even a stay of 1 or 2 hours when changing aircraft when crossing immigration require a transit visa, however if meeting some criteria India, Bangladesh, Pakistan and Sri Lanka passport holders can apply for a transit without visa facility.

JC3
Old Jan 19th 2014, 3:09 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

That's a bit of a bummer
Old Jan 19th 2014, 5:33 am
BE Forum Addict

geedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bakedbean
That's a bit of a bummer
Do unto others as you would be done by....! India requires all foreigners to have a visa to enter (except Nepal and Bhutan).