Commute to KLCC

Old Nov 17th 2013, 10:34 am
Just Joined

oludunamis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Commute to KLCC

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if someone currently in my situation can advise the best commute strategy from the following location

1. Live in Desa park city, want to commute to KLCC, what is the best way? Can one drive to the nearest LRT station, park and get the train into LRT? how long realistically does it take during peak times? Is it feasibility to drive into KLCC

2. Live around Bandar Utama and trying to do the same above?

Appreciate if anyone that is in simialar situation can share their experience

Many thanks
Old Nov 18th 2013, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

roystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Commute to KLCC

Originally Posted by oludunamis
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if someone currently in my situation can advise the best commute strategy from the following location

1. Live in Desa park city, want to commute to KLCC, what is the best way? Can one drive to the nearest LRT station, park and get the train into LRT? how long realistically does it take during peak times? Is it feasibility to drive into KLCC

2. Live around Bandar Utama and trying to do the same above?

Appreciate if anyone that is in simialar situation can share their experience

Many thanks
I ask this question to my friends in KL, this is the best answer I suppose :-)

1. "From desa park city the easiest way is to take Komuter from Kepong Sentral and take train until KL Sentral and change to Putra to go to KLCC...easy"

2. "From Bandar Utama - teksi to Taman Bahagia/KL Sentral/Bangsar, then to Putra (Kelana Jaya line) to KLCC"

http://www.myrapid.com.my/rail/routes

Last edited by roystevenung; Nov 18th 2013 at 8:37 am.
Old Nov 18th 2013, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

abdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond reputeabdulawwal has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

It's worth keeping in mind that the Komuter is terribly unreliable and you usually wait 15-30 minutes for a train!

Regards
Abdul
Old Nov 18th 2013, 7:40 pm
Just Joined

Thanks guys for the info.

I still need info from people who live in either Desa parkcity or Bandar Utama and commute to KLCC by public transportor do most people drive?

Please help!!
Old Nov 19th 2013, 11:36 am
ajw

Location: Melbourne - London - Bangkok - Melbourne - Kuala Lumpur - Melbourne
ajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone driving into KLCC from any direction is going to hit traffic.

Dont think there are many PT options around either of these areas.

If you want BSKL look at their bus route and find yourself a point where you at least have access to the LRT. Cant like little one attend local nursery? Most do this until Reception starts.

Know a lot of people with kids at BSKL and all are very happy with it.
Old Nov 19th 2013, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

roystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond reputeroystevenung has a reputation beyond repute

Not only traffic, finding a place to park is also a nightmare.
Old Nov 19th 2013, 12:53 pm
Just Joined

Thanks guys for your input.

regards

Oludunamis
Old Nov 26th 2013, 2:51 am
Banned

kuanming.oneworld is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

Basically from Desa Park City to KLCC your choice is very limited.

KTM - From Desa Park City you can head to KTM at Kepong Station, about 5-10min Drive, with KTM after 30-45min, you will need to stop at KL Sentral and switch to Putra LRT (Kelana Jaya Line) and it will take probably another 15-20min.

Driving to KLCC on Peak Hours can take up to 1 1/2 hours.

From Bandar Utama you don't have much choice except for Public Bus but it can take quite sometime. You can board the Kelana Jaya Line at Kelana Jaya and hit straight to KLCC. Driving to Bandar Utama can be as fast as 15min to 40min.

Hope this helps.