Child Contact in KL

Old Mar 5th 2011, 3:08 pm
Just Joined

londonrunners is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Child Contact in KL

Hi I am looking for any advice /info my ex wife is malaysian and it looks likely she will be permitted by a british court to take our 4yr old girl born in london to live with her in KL next month. I have never been to Malaysia. At the moment I get to see my daughter twice a week. I am thinking of two things, firstly can I move out to KL to try and stay near my kid ie relocate. Secondly how difficult is it to enforce contact continues in KL. Thanks Patrick
Old Mar 6th 2011, 12:25 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Child Contact in KL

You might consider a trip to KL and whilst there seek out a lawyer who can give you advice.
The trip etc might cost 1500 to 2000 quid all in.

The lawyer might cost ... how long is a piece of string.

If no one on here can suggest a lawyer then google might help and then a phone call to the lawyer before you finalise a trip.

Relocation, well, unless you have spare dosh or can find a job in Malaysia.
Presumably you are thinking of this long term.
Old Mar 6th 2011, 11:27 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your reply I wonder what kind of visa I will need to work in Kl? Do I have to getone before I go out there, or if I am there can I apply for one. Also how much is an apartment roughly. Thanks
Old Mar 7th 2011, 5:40 am
Banned

stranded traveller is just really nicestranded traveller is just really nicestranded traveller is just really nicestranded traveller is just really nicestranded traveller is just really nicestranded traveller is just really nicestranded traveller is just really nicestranded traveller is just really nicestranded traveller is just really nice

Hi there,
first of all ,sorry to hear about what you have faced right now,
have you ever been to KL? and may I know if you don't mind I would like to know more details, are you married was with Malay, Chinese or Indian?

from there I might can advice...not much , but better than nothing
Old Mar 7th 2011, 6:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Strider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud of

londonrunner,

Housing for non MM2H starts at RM500k minimum by law. Suggest look for rental at first. Rentals vary from RM500 to RM5000 per month, depending on your taste, location and money you want to spend.

You can start with a 90 days visitors visa, which would allow time to try and find a job. Once this is secured, the employer will assist in getting a work permit.

Good luck
Old Mar 7th 2011, 3:02 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stranded traveller
Hi there,
first of all ,sorry to hear about what you have faced right now,
have you ever been to KL? and may I know if you don't mind I would like to know more details, are you married was with Malay, Chinese or Indian?

from there I might can advice...not much , but better than nothing
Hi,

Just a quick word of advice, it's not good forum etiquette to ask other members for they private/personal information or details about themselves. Remember this is a public board and people may not be comfortable being asked such things.

Thanks
Old Mar 7th 2011, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

Wow thankyou for your kind replies Right now I wish I was in Malaysia its freezing here! I am happy to see i can get a 90 day visa this seems a good start. My daughter made me laugh saying she was scared of eating spicy food. But I know malaysian food is wonderful.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 10:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Strider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud ofStrider24 has much to be proud of

londonrunner,
I was assuming that you have a British passport. Not all passports get 90 days visa.