Reload this Page >

Certification costs for documents

Certification costs for documents

Old Dec 11th 2017, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

Pat in europe is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Certification costs for documents

Originally Posted by eCdD
I did the RM4 Commissioner of Oaths and it was accepted. I was already prepared to be refused and come again next day with the lawyer-rip-off documents and a lot of tears in my eyes
Thank you everyone. I just checked the internet to look for Commissioner of Oaths and I found an announcement from MM2H:

"Effective 3 August 2015, MM2H Centre will no longer accept certification by Commissioners for Oaths. According to a directive by the Registrar of Malaya High Court, Commissioner For Oaths are not allowed to make Certified True Copies. Hence, certification can only be done by Embassy / High Commission / Notary Public / Government Official / Solicitor / Advocate / Auditor from origin country. Thank you. Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H) Centre MALAYSIA
Date: July 1, 2015"

http://www.mm2h.gov.my/index.php/en/...tify-documents

Somewhere on the same site has in addition "or a lawyer in Malaysia".

That's bad news.

Last edited by Pat in europe; Dec 11th 2017 at 6:46 pm.
Old Dec 12th 2017, 12:10 am
BE Enthusiast

RedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond repute

Since the country of origin for some of these documents is Malaysia (sponsors MyKad) then it would seem that this item could be done locally. Many Commissioner of Oaths are solicitors/advocates.

But if I have to go back to the US to get a notary to certify my passport copies and wage/retirement slips (even though I can show them my retirement payments on the issuing agencies website) seems something that makes the program far less attractive.

And rather than burying this in some notification why don't they put it up front in their instructions?????
Old Dec 18th 2017, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

Pat in europe is on a distinguished road

I have received the following replies from MM2H about translation and certification.
I have doubt about getting LOGC translated by only the named parties in point 2 - for those who submitted their direct application abroad (i.e. without using agents), did you get your LOGC translated /certified outside Malaysia? Did MM2H accept them? If you have made the MM2H application recently, could you please share your experience?

MM2H Feedback:

1) Kindly be informed that for passport copies, we need 3 copies for each person on personal particulars page including last entry stamp into Malaysia (and its relevant pass e.g. Student Pass / Employment Pass etc., if applicable) and the front page of the passport must be certify by the Embassy/ Notary Public or Lawyer.

2) Kindly be inform that MM2H Centre only accepts LOGC issued by police or security agencies from applicant's original or domicile country. The letter of Good conduct need to be translated/ Certified True Copies (CTC) by High Court translator in Malaysia or from ITBM (Malaysian Institute of Translation & Books) : Address as Wisma ITBM, No. 2, Jalan 2/27E, Seksyen 10 Wangsa Maju, 53300 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur. Phone: 03-4145 1800

3) Printed bank statements from online transaction no need to “certified true copies”.

4) Printed Pay slips from the company also no need to “certified true copies “as it considered as an original document.