Reload this Page >

Certification costs for documents

Certification costs for documents

Old Sep 13th 2017, 4:29 am
Just Joined

Siskin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Certification costs for documents

Hello.
Can anyone please advise the costs pf translating and certifying documents for mm2h in malaysia.
Thank you
Siskin
Old Sep 13th 2017, 7:19 am
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Certification costs for documents

Depending on the language of the documents might it not be a good idea to look for a authorised translator in Malaysia. Having it translated to English in the country of origin might be a better choice.
Old Dec 6th 2017, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

Pat in europe is on a distinguished road

Does anyone know any qualified translators in KL for translation of a Letter of Conduct from German to English?
Does the translated copy need to be certified by a local notary? I plan to come to KL for vacation in February 2018, and submit the application in person in Putrajaya.
Old Dec 7th 2017, 7:19 am
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pat in europe
Does anyone know any qualified translators in KL for translation of a Letter of Conduct from German to English?
Does the translated copy need to be certified by a local notary? I plan to come to KL for vacation in February 2018, and submit the application in person in Putrajaya.
The German embassy in Kuala Lumpur has some suggestions:
Deutsche Botschaft Kuala Lumpur - Visa and Passport Service, Legal and Consular Department (see right hand column for a PDF document)
http://www.kuala-lumpur.diplo.de/con...stJuni2017.pdf
Old Dec 7th 2017, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SushiFan
The German embassy in Kuala Lumpur has some suggestions:
Deutsche Botschaft Kuala Lumpur - Visa and Passport Service, Legal and Consular Department (see right hand column for a PDF document)
http://www.kuala-lumpur.diplo.de/con...stJuni2017.pdf
Thanks for the reply. Very useful.
By the way, did you or anyone else have the experience of getting your documents translated into English for MM2H submission? if yes, did MM2H authority require a third party like Embassy or notary to certify such translated documents? According to the information in your provided link, the German Embassy will only check the translator's signature but not the content of translation. Such kind of check does not seem to add any value but is relatively expensive (25 euro)!
Old Dec 8th 2017, 12:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Gunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond reputeGunnar45 has a reputation beyond repute

If the translator is authorized/approved by the German Embassy, it means that he is trusted by them. So there is no need to verify translation itself, only that it is he who has done it.
I don't know the requirements for MM2H, but it is quite common that such signature verification is required for official documents.
Old Dec 8th 2017, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply. Very useful.
By the way, did you or anyone else have the experience of getting your documents translated into English for MM2H submission? if yes, did MM2H authority require a third party like Embassy or notary to certify such translated documents? According to the information in your provided link, the German Embassy will only check the translator's signature but not the content of translation. Such kind of check does not seem to add any value but is relatively expensive (25 euro)!
I was in Japan when I applied for MM2H and used an agency. They took care of all documents which needed translation. So I can't answer your first question.

The link I provided was only meant to give you an idea about available translators. Getting a "sign of approval" from the German embassy is only relevant in case you are applying for a visa into Europe. I don't think that the Malaysian MM2H agency would want such "sign of approval" from the German embassy.
Old Dec 8th 2017, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

RedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond repute

On the same theme...

What's the certification cost for ones salary and/or pension income warrants?
For the "particulars page" of the passport?
For the sponsors MyKad?

I know that one can get them "chopped" at a Commissioner of Oaths for RM4/copy but one that was a lawyer starting talking about perhaps having them be a sworn affidavit for each one...which would cost much more?

Anyone know what is the case? Or should I just try the cheaper course and see if immigration will accept them?
Old Dec 8th 2017, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SushiFan
I was in Japan when I applied for MM2H and used an agency. They took care of all documents which needed translation. So I can't answer your first question.

The link I provided was only meant to give you an idea about available translators. Getting a "sign of approval" from the German embassy is only relevant in case you are applying for a visa into Europe. I don't think that the Malaysian MM2H agency would want such "sign of approval" from the German embassy.
if I call MM2H contact number, do you think they can answer this question? I kind of agree with you that approval by German embassy seems less relevant since I'm applying for a Malaysian visa.

Last edited by Pat in europe; Dec 8th 2017 at 3:13 pm.
Old Dec 8th 2017, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by RedApe
On the same theme...

What's the certification cost for ones salary and/or pension income warrants?
For the "particulars page" of the passport?
For the sponsors MyKad?

I know that one can get them "chopped" at a Commissioner of Oaths for RM4/copy but one that was a lawyer starting talking about perhaps having them be a sworn affidavit for each one...which would cost much more?

Anyone know what is the case? Or should I just try the cheaper course and see if immigration will accept them?
I would add on top of your questions the following, and hope that someone has the answer:
1) is it necessary to certify salary statements or bank statements? if they are provided by the company or bank (original copy), then my understanding is that no certification is needed since "Certified True Copy" applies to photocopy only.
2) however, for bank statements, many people these days are receiving e-copy. I consider simply printing them in colour copy. Do you think MM2H authority will accept?
Old Dec 9th 2017, 2:56 am
Expat in Malaysia

kingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond reputekingoflostfools has a reputation beyond repute

2) however, for bank statements, many people these days are receiving e-copy. I consider simply printing them in colour copy. Do you think MM2H authority will accept?
They did with mine.
Old Dec 9th 2017, 7:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kingoflostfools
They did with mine.
And with my printed copies. Make sure that they are in English though.
Old Dec 9th 2017, 7:27 am
BE Enthusiast

if I call MM2H contact number, do you think they can answer this question? I kind of agree with you that approval by German embassy seems less relevant since I'm applying for a Malaysian visa.
Yes, they should be able to answer your question on the phone. You could also consider to send them an email first and wait a few days. In case you don't get a reply you could follow up with a phone call.
Old Dec 9th 2017, 10:50 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kingoflostfools
They did with mine.
Me also
Old Dec 10th 2017, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

eCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond reputeeCdD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RedApe
I did the RM4 Commissioner of Oaths and it was accepted. I was already prepared to be refused and come again next day with the lawyer-rip-off documents and a lot of tears in my eyes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.