Building a house in KL

Old Aug 29th 2012, 10:40 pm
Just Joined

Goldenshuttle is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Building a house in KL

Hi everybody
I am new here; have been going to KL back N forth. Now time to settle here. I want to build my own house. I do not want to buy one because I noticed that most houses in KL look similar. The one's that look different and eye catching are beyond budget or overpriced in a silly way. As an experienced engineer, I can build a butiful house with reasonable cost, with some gadgets and gizmos that no other house have. The things that make friends talk about over and over after they visit me...Can anyone please advise on the process of getting a constr. permit ? I have the designs almost ready, a freehold land is ready for purchase; but I did not buy till I m safe about the process .

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Aug 29th 2012 at 10:43 pm. Reason: Changed text to standard...a little easier on the eye ;)
Old Aug 29th 2012, 10:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Building a house in KL

Welcome to BE.

I have moved your thread over to our Malaysia forums...hopefully someone posting in this forum will be able to help you.

You will noticed I have changed the font and size of your text to standard font/size...it's a little less harsh on the eyes that way.
Old Aug 29th 2012, 10:51 pm
Just Joined

Goldenshuttle is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Jerseygirl. BTW: the Yorkshire quote is nice.
Old Aug 29th 2012, 10:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Goldenshuttle
Thanks Jerseygirl. BTW: the Yorkshire quote is nice.
Thank you.
Old Aug 29th 2012, 11:47 pm
ajw

Location: Melbourne - London - Bangkok - Melbourne - Kuala Lumpur - Melbourne
ajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome to the site. I'm sure building your own house in KL will be an interesting process. You're very brave! Suggest you get in touch with DBKL (Kuala Lumpur town hall) for more info on building permits.

Cheers
Ajw
Old Aug 30th 2012, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

kenle is an unknown quantity at this point

I would suggest you to look for a good contractor. They can provide one stop service to you.