Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

BSAC Diving Branch - anyone for diving?

BSAC Diving Branch - anyone for diving?

Old Oct 29th 2010, 3:55 am
Just Joined

SGPDiver is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BSAC Diving Branch - anyone for diving?

Having now settled in to KL and checked out the diving, both West and East coast, I would now like to get a few like minded divers together for a club night with a couple of hours in the pool and a social drink afterwards, to plan the weekend's diving Best way of doing this is to start a BSAC Branch if there is enough interest?

Having been warned off about diving the Straits of Malacca for the poor viz and nothing of interest, I confirm the worst viz so far was 2 metres, averaging 8 metres plus, with plenty to see. Water temp 29 degrees We have wrecks with the Vikramen and some others, One Fathom Bank and another concept wholly avoided of drift dives on who knows what! I have looked at the charts and researched locally and see no reason why nipping off for a day's diving from Port Klang or Port Dickson should not be the norm at the weekend. We are just approaching the best time of the year for West coast diving and the East coast is now shut down for monsoon period.

We can also organise longer weekend breaks to the East coast and further away Togean Islands etc.

So if you are a frustrated KL diver and want to go and dive, get in touch.

My email is [email protected].

I think I've sourced the pool now, 2.3 metres deep and it has a bar adjoining

Happy diving.

Last edited by SGPDiver; Oct 29th 2010 at 5:32 am.
Old Oct 29th 2010, 9:11 am
Just Joined

Sluppy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: BSAC Diving Branch - anyone for diving?

Hey Mate,

how are you? Checked out the waters yet? :P
I've been on a diving trip to Malaysia a few years ago and I just loved it, so im looking forward to moving to KL next year and going out for a trip every few weeks!
So maybe we can meet up and take a few trips together!

see u soon
Ben
Old Nov 4th 2010, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

joamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud ofjoamelie has much to be proud of

We are moving out in Dec and know my husband would be interested in this one! I'll get him to contact you directly!
Old Nov 5th 2010, 2:32 am
Just Joined

SGPDiver is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by joamelie
We are moving out in Dec and know my husband would be interested in this one! I'll get him to contact you directly!
Hi Joamelie,

Great, my email is above too.

Look forward to meeting you when you both when you've settled!

Kind Regards,

Guy