Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

"Best" condos in Bangsar?

"Best" condos in Bangsar?

Old Feb 23rd 2012, 11:26 pm
Forum Regular

LivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to all
Default "Best" condos in Bangsar?

Hi BE! With only a week to go til we finally come over to start our new life in KL we are very excited...! And we're starting to think practically about finding a place to rent.

Does anyone have any opinions about which are the "better" condos in Bangsar to check out for rental properties? Also it would be great to hear some view on what people think you should be getting for "good value for money" - e.g. what kind of combination of facilities should 3,500MYR get you, roughly?

There seem to be an awful lot of empty flats up for rent in Suasana despite all its apparent facilities - I guess it seems quite far south for the area. I've heard that some blocks have a problem with lots of empty flats in them or that land has been sold right in front of them where new high rises are being built.

Any opinions would be very gratefully received, although gentle ones best I suspect, as I appreciate that some people may be living in blocks that others may not feel are for them...!
Old Feb 24th 2012, 1:46 am
ajw

Location: Melbourne - London - Bangkok - Melbourne - Kuala Lumpur - Melbourne
ajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Best" condos in Bangsar?

Suasana is one of the newest condos in Bangsar and was only finished in the last six months or so. It takes a while for these places to fill up. Our condo in Bangsar is 80% occupied after 2+ years from completion. I have a friend over at Suasana, they have had major issues with sewage smells coming up through the drains to the point where they are trying to get out of their lease.

For your price range you'll probably get better value in something older in the Bangsar area since the newer places like Zehn and One Menerung start at 8000 and up.
Old Feb 24th 2012, 1:52 am
ajw

ajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond repute

Have a look at Sri Penaga, I have several friends who live there and they like it. Walking distance to Bangsar Shopping Centre. You need to look at apartments which arent facing onto Jalan Maarof, which is a very busy and noisy road.
Old Feb 24th 2012, 3:02 am
Just Joined

dolaprenuer is an unknown quantity at this point

bangsar is already overcongested and you might not feel your getting value for money. living in a tropical country at least you want good facilities in your condo, and those central condos usually dont provide maximum value for money. if you're looking for a top class area, a bit off the beaten track but with lots of those aforementioned condos, try, taman melati. Its a newer development. With lots of prime real estate. Plenty of space to build on for new developers. and not far from one of the best value further/higher education private university colleges in malaysia, where adults can study for diplomas/certificates/degrees and proffesional qualifications in many diverse areas. in the day or evening
Old Feb 24th 2012, 6:00 am
ajw

Originally Posted by dolaprenuer
bangsar is already overcongested and you might not feel your getting value for money. living in a tropical country at least you want good facilities in your condo, and those central condos usually dont provide maximum value for money. if you're looking for a top class area, a bit off the beaten track but with lots of those aforementioned condos, try, taman melati. Its a newer development. With lots of prime real estate. Plenty of space to build on for new developers. and not far from one of the best value further/higher education private university colleges in malaysia, where adults can study for diplomas/certificates/degrees and proffesional qualifications in many diverse areas. in the day or evening

Off the beaten track is right!! I live in Bangsar and I feel like I'm getting value for money. For the style of place we have we'd have to pay at least triple what we 're paying here back at home. I know people who live further out (but not as far out as taman melawi) who are spending most of their time in the car getting to the more central areas where their friends/kids friends/place of work/decent restaurants/bars are.
Old Feb 24th 2012, 1:10 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

if you are renting and have a spouse in condo during weekday daytimes, might want to think about a condo that is at least 1+ years old, unless you like listening to jackhammers day in day out.
Old Feb 24th 2012, 1:12 pm
ajw

Originally Posted by bakedbean
if you are renting and have a spouse in condo during weekday daytimes, might want to think about a condo that is at least 1+ years old, unless you like listening to jackhammers day in day out.
Good advice. Renovations are a nightmare.
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 1:15 am
Just Joined

TehTarik is just really niceTehTarik is just really niceTehTarik is just really niceTehTarik is just really niceTehTarik is just really niceTehTarik is just really niceTehTarik is just really niceTehTarik is just really nice

Originally Posted by LivKL
?..........Does anyone have any opinions about which are the "better" condos in Bangsar to check out for rental properties? Also it would be great to hear some view on what people think you should be getting for "good value for money" - e.g. what kind of combination of facilities should 3,500MYR get you, roughly?

There seem to be an awful lot of empty flats up for rent in Suasana despite all its apparent facilities - I guess it seems quite far south for the area. I've heard that some blocks have a problem with lots of empty flats in them or that land has been sold right in front of them where new high rises are being built. ...!
Hi LivKL
Suasana's advantage most probably only lies in that it is somewhat walking distance to the Bangsar LRT and a bit more to Bangsar Village shopping centre, and it's new and swanky. Bt surrounding areas not so great as you described

AJW is right that most people do like Seri Penaga condos or others (despite being older than Suasana) near the area (on the other side of the hill nearer to Damansara Heights) as its more upmarket/surrounded by houses and easy walk to Bangsar Shopping Centre, although not at all walking distance to the LRT. there is a LRT bus route within Bangsar though. some condos like Menara Bangsar, Vista, Cascadium, Sri Wangsaria with direct entrance access to the road leading to Bangsar Shopping centre, or a bit further walk but walkable to Bangsar Village shopping centre, seem to hold their rental values very well all this years.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Cheers
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

LivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to allLivKL is a name known to all

Hi and thank you for all this info! Just to note I've "replied" to this thread on the "Where to live in KL?" thread as I chatter on about several areas we've now seen - looks like Bangsar may have a serious contender (or two...?!) Choice fatigue and only 1 day of hunting done! Very glad to have so much choice in this city though