Advice needed for working in KL

Advice needed for working in KL

Old Jan 10th 2013, 8:24 pm
KLT
Just Joined

KLT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice needed for working in KL

Hi,

My Girlfriend and I are looking at moving to KL, she is applying for teaching jobs at international schools and has two interviews lined up.
If she is successful I would be hoping to move with her and try to get a job similar to what I am doing here in the UK, but am unsure of my best way to approach this.
I'm 27, have a degree in multimedia computing and currently work as an A/V technician, I have researched online but quite a few jobs seem to only be available to locals.

If any one could give me any advice I would really appreciate it, it would be a bonus if anyone has any experience with in media or live events but any info at all would be great.

Thanks
Karl
Old Jan 11th 2013, 4:27 am
ajw

Location: Melbourne - London - Bangkok - Melbourne - Kuala Lumpur - Melbourne
ajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice needed for working in KL

Hi There and welcome to the forums. Sounds like you are up on your reearch regarding jobs which is great. You are probably aware also that you would not qualify for a dependant visa since you are not married to your girlfriend. So it will be a 90 day tourist visa until you can find a company to sponsor you.

I cannot offer any specific advice regarding your job and who to approach but sites like jobstreet generally carry the most job ads. Keep in mind that it is likely that you would be offered a 'local' wage, so it will be considerably lower, I would imagine, then what you currently make in the UK.

Good luck
Ajw