Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

17 days to find an apartment within budget: Please help :)

17 days to find an apartment within budget: Please help :)

Old Jan 13th 2013, 5:44 am
Just Joined

peanutbutter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 17 days to find an apartment within budget: Please help :)

Hi all!

I really need some little tips to get a head start on an apartment hunt!

I just found out, very last minute that I'm moving to KL with my flight in being 31st January 2013 so I have just about 2.5 weeks to find legitimate apartments to rent within the KLCC and surrounding areas to view.

I've searched lots on property guru, mudah.my, propwall and iproperty in the past 24 hours but there's so much choice and when I try to contact, I get the response quite a lot that the property is already taken.

I have a budget of between 1600 and 2400 (MYR) and my requirements are really simple, as close as possible to the Twin Towers or on the LRT/Metro line connecting KLCC. Gym and pool and internet connection already set up. In terms of size it needs to be minimum 900 sq ft.

1. Can anyone recommend any good apartment/condominium blocks that fit that sort of requirement?
2. What is the best way to find something quick that's available and ready to move in?
3. Is it worth to use an agent? What is the cost of using an agent? Can anyone recommend anyone good agent?

Hopefully my next questions will focus around the social aspect of KL and also the sports

Thanks for any help
Old Jan 13th 2013, 7:19 am
ajw

Location: Melbourne - London - Bangkok - Melbourne - Kuala Lumpur - Melbourne
ajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond reputeajw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 17 days to find an apartment within budget: Please help :)

Originally Posted by peanutbutter
Hi all!

I really need some little tips to get a head start on an apartment hunt!

I just found out, very last minute that I'm moving to KL with my flight in being 31st January 2013 so I have just about 2.5 weeks to find legitimate apartments to rent within the KLCC and surrounding areas to view.

I've searched lots on property guru, mudah.my, propwall and iproperty in the past 24 hours but there's so much choice and when I try to contact, I get the response quite a lot that the property is already taken.

I have a budget of between 1600 and 2400 (MYR) and my requirements are really simple, as close as possible to the Twin Towers or on the LRT/Metro line connecting KLCC. Gym and pool and internet connection already set up. In terms of size it needs to be minimum 900 sq ft.

1. Can anyone recommend any good apartment/condominium blocks that fit that sort of requirement?
2. What is the best way to find something quick that's available and ready to move in?
3. Is it worth to use an agent? What is the cost of using an agent? Can anyone recommend anyone good agent?

Hopefully my next questions will focus around the social aspect of KL and also the sports

Thanks for any help

Hi,

The only way really to find something available now get in touch with the agents as you have been. Look at who manages a lot of properties in the KLCC area and see if you can liase with them and have them set up some viewings for you when you get here. There is loads available in the city centre, you should be able to find something without too much difficulty. If you run out of time, move into a serviced apartment temporarily. Iproperty has the most listings out of all the sites you mentioned so worth just sticking with one online source.

You will not have to pay the agent, their costs will be covererd by the landlord.

Cheers
Ajw
Old Jan 13th 2013, 9:32 am
Just Joined

peanutbutter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 17 days to find an apartment within budget: Please help :)

Originally Posted by ajw
Hi,

The only way really to find something available now get in touch with the agents as you have been. Look at who manages a lot of properties in the KLCC area and see if you can liase with them and have them set up some viewings for you when you get here. There is loads available in the city centre, you should be able to find something without too much difficulty. If you run out of time, move into a serviced apartment temporarily. Iproperty has the most listings out of all the sites you mentioned so worth just sticking with one online source.

You will not have to pay the agent, their costs will be covererd by the landlord.

Cheers
Ajw

Cheers Ajw! I had no idea that the agent's costs were covered by the landlord. I will try to stick with one or two agents and one of two of the search sites, maybe iproperty and property guru since I've already sent enquiries to agents on that site.

Do you think the budget is realistic for 2 beds in a block with gym and pool?
Can you recommend any decent buildings that I should focus my search around?

Thanks again for your reply.