Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia
Reload this Page >

Advice from Malaysian Embassy at odds with that seen elsewhere

Advice from Malaysian Embassy at odds with that seen elsewhere

Old Mar 14th 2013, 9:07 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice from Malaysian Embassy at odds with that seen elsewhere

Anyways.... apologies to Geedee... we'll get back on Topic shall we. A good link for Johor info from PW, despite getting out of bed the wrong side this morning ;-)

Last edited by bakedbean; Mar 14th 2013 at 9:11 am. Reason: added stuff
Old Mar 14th 2013, 10:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Bocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond repute

We've spoken before of the arguing and nastiness that goes on on other parts of BE and similar forums - let's keep it out of our Malaysia section please.

The best thing to do with people who are being argumentative is ignore them.

I had someone trying to kick off at me on a Singapore site one time - I replied thanking her for reminding me why I hadn't used the site for months and never used it again (it was full of argumentative people!)
Old Mar 14th 2013, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

geedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond repute

We all get along fine in the Canada section.... we must be nicer immigrants!!

Anyway, that's the thread effectively closed then.....not to worry, I got some great advice. Thanks.

Last edited by geedee; Mar 14th 2013 at 11:37 am.
Old Mar 14th 2013, 2:54 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by parker-waterman
I
And then rubbishing the British Foreign Service for the sake of a cheap shot about checking the sun to make sure it's daytime. My friends work in the BFS, and they're not pleased. But they also have to refrain from posting on sites like this as a matter of policy.

Sue, instead of deleting fair comment why doesn't this site open an idiots board for the challenged like Nemodot to show what they're full of, and the rest of us can choose to ignore it ?

But it's also like explaining a joke, if you have to then . . .
I think you are missing the point. Disagreeing with another member is one thing, and it's ok to do so. I'm not asking people to get along. But we do ask is that people do not start name calling and making personal digs at other members. It adds nothing to an argument.

So by all means agree to disagree, but lets keep the name calling and personal remarks out of it.

Many thanks.

Lets get this thread back on track and apologies to the OP who asked:

Originally Posted by geedee
I just phoned the Malaysian Embassy for advice about what visas are needed if we plan to reside in Johor, send the kids to school in Johor, and I work in Singapore.
They told me that I could get a 3 month temporary stay visa, but that was it. They also said that with an MM2H visa (which we won't be able to get anyway!) you cannot leave Malaysia! That sounds like bull biscuits to me....

Those of you who are working in Singapore, and living in Johor.... how do you do it?? Any and all help sincerely appreciated!
Old May 4th 2013, 1:38 am
BE Forum Addict

geedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kennyboy33
yep bakedbean is right, that bit about not being able to leave M'sia on MM2h is total horsethingy.

geedee,at the risk of being seen to advertise, if you think you might be perhaps a borderline case for MM2H, I'd say give Yvonne at Joystay a try..very good indeed. www.joy-stay.com
Kennyboy..... I've been in touch with Yvonne at JoyStay. Very, very helpful and professional. Thanks for the recommendation. I don't qualify for MM2H (until we've sold our house!), but she's been a real help. Thanks.

Last edited by geedee; May 4th 2013 at 1:41 am.