Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Jobs Wanted
Reload this Page >

please please please

please please please

Old Oct 26th 2011, 12:29 am
Forum Regular

smvh is just really nicesmvh is just really nicesmvh is just really nicesmvh is just really nicesmvh is just really nicesmvh is just really nicesmvh is just really nicesmvh is just really nice
Default please please please

qualified bricklayer.aqf cert111 and white card.everything ready to go,just need a job offer.can anyone help. skills shotage?? but not for bricklayers....why why why
Old Oct 26th 2011, 2:31 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: please please please

Well, as previously explained New Zealand doesn't have a shortage of trades people at the present time. Am assuming this is the same for Australia. Just as for the UK, construction has a bit of a lull going on right now so those tradies that are already here are chasing the available work.

Perhaps go to the Emigrate Expos that appear in the UK annually and talk with a few recruiters there. Other than that, it will be about contacting builders and construction companies to see if they are willing to take a punt. Thing is , as I stated before, you will need to convince any NZ employer that it is a job offer first before a work visa application and not the other way around.

With the trades also, it is about boots on ground. Where there is a vacancy , the employer will be looking for the most suitable candidate that can start quickly.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

smvh is just really nicesmvh is just really nicesmvh is just really nicesmvh is just really nicesmvh is just really nicesmvh is just really nicesmvh is just really nicesmvh is just really nice

i think you will find on all the employment sites there is a mention that australia have a serious skills shortage as does new zealand. 150 thousand skilled trades needed over the next 5 years.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 10:24 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smvh
qualified bricklayer.aqf cert111 and white card.everything ready to go,just need a job offer.can anyone help. skills shotage?? but not for bricklayers....why why why
You don't say where you are or whether you have an unrestricted visa. Those tidbits might help in your getting useful answers.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 11:42 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by smvh
i think you will find on all the employment sites there is a mention that australia have a serious skills shortage as does new zealand. 150 thousand skilled trades needed over the next 5 years.
Sadly, employment sites don't assess visa applications . For New Zealand that would be the NZIS & as bricklayers are not presently in shortage here in NZ , any NZ employer wanting to offer you work would need to prove there was no NZ resident or citizen to fill that vacancy.

May I refer you to this post of mine to you back in April. ( Click this link in bold) Perhaps you did not see it.

I think the OP may be resident in the UK Dorothy, but not sure. They started a thread in the NZ forum a while back, hence my response here. Australia was/is their country of choice. Perth preferably unless that has changed. I'm still unclear as to the trade qualifications. Maybe thereis a shortage of bricklayers in some Australian states ?

I've read this on DIAC website which may help the OP.
The department will host Skills Australia Needs information sessions in London on the weekend of the 25-26 February 2012.