Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Jobs Wanted
Reload this Page >

Remote working-only jobs source?

Remote working-only jobs source?

Old May 27th 2011, 4:25 pm
Banned

Door4MrBenn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Remote working-only jobs source?

I am looking for jobs where I can work from home all the time or the majority of the time.
I wondered if there are any good sources for this or perhaps, what would you recommend me doing to look for these jobs (other than searching on Google which didn't yield much).

I work in a non-technical data role & have no need to physically be in an office.
When I need to collaborate or attend meetings, I can do this by phone or web meeting software.
Old Jun 10th 2011, 4:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

ameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to all
Default Re: Remote working-only jobs source?

Originally Posted by Door4MrBenn
I work in a non-technical data role & have no need to physically be in an office.
Who has?

Do you actually know someone making a living working from home? I personally think it's a myth, otherwise the Caribbean would be very crowded.. those who do try it either they are paid peanuts or have been victims of scams of some sort, so whatever your sources be very vigilant of bogus offers.
Old Jun 13th 2011, 11:29 am
Banned

Door4MrBenn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ameliapond
Who has?
I think quite a lot of people do - anyone who needs to engage with others on a regular basis.
if this were not the case, there wouldn't be so many companies having offices filled with staff and all the expense & hassle that entails.

This kind of work cannot be done remotely as several aspects of human communications are lost when you are not face to face with people.

I am fully aware that there are lots of scams in this space but I was wondering if perhaps there is a genuine remote-working agency or a web forum community out there that could help.
Old Jun 13th 2011, 8:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute

I know lots of people who work remotely - we had 11 people working for the company I worked for - most of them are software programmers, one is even legal counsel. They started working for the company and due to seniority or /and because of the nature of the job, then went remote and work from home. Get a job with a company first then request to tele-commute. A lot of the HQ bank positions in the US are semi remote now - one day a week in the office.
Old Oct 20th 2011, 1:21 am
Just Joined

magawants is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ameliapond
Who has?

Do you actually know someone making a living working from home? I personally think it's a myth, otherwise the Caribbean would be very crowded.. those who do try it either they are paid peanuts or have been victims of scams of some sort, so whatever your sources be very vigilant of bogus offers.
I do work at home.

It's my full time job and I am not paid peanuts. I do make good money from it.

I even manage a team that consists of people from different parts of the world. With the right strategy, collaboration, monitoring tools and management techniques, a virtual workplace will seem more like working in a physical office.

Just a tip. If you apply for a job online, make sure you are not required to pay any amount to start working. Those are the usual scams that happen on the internet.
Old Oct 28th 2011, 5:57 am
Forum Regular

Shazban has a brilliant futureShazban has a brilliant futureShazban has a brilliant futureShazban has a brilliant futureShazban has a brilliant futureShazban has a brilliant future

Check united healthcare if you're US based. Many of their positions can be worked remotely and they dont exactly pay peanuts either.
Old Nov 3rd 2011, 8:24 am
Just Joined

BigBunny is an unknown quantity at this point

My daughter in law works from home and she makes a decent income from it. Will never be rich but she has the freedon and flexibility to manage her time as she wants.

If you are happy to sit on a computer all day, she recommends searching Google for "virtual assistant" positions. Something like this site - http://www.virtualassistants.co.uk/ - Alterntively, she has gained a few jobs from http://www.freelancer.com

If you do not want a job that is computer based, then perhaps search local expat publications. Put an advert in the paper for odd job man?

Agree with previous posters that you should not have to pay any money to start.