Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Jobs Wanted
Reload this Page >

Looking for building work accomadation in France

Looking for building work accomadation in France

Old Apr 19th 2016, 5:09 pm
Just Joined

Tomjack77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking for building work accomadation in France

Looking for building work in France,preferably any sort and in mid to south France.skilled in plumbing and groundworks,accomadation a plus.
Many thanks Tom.
Old Apr 19th 2016, 5:12 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for building work accomadation in France

Originally Posted by Tomjack77
Looking for building work in France,preferably any sort and in mid to south France.skilled in plumbing and groundworks,accomadation a plus.
Many thanks Tom.

Welcome to the Forum, are you skilled in French Building methods as they do vary somewhat from the UK.
Old Apr 19th 2016, 7:07 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tomjack77
Many thanks Tom.
Hi, and welcome to the forum!
How's your French?
As C-S says, be aware that French standards are different from the UK and a French builder wouldn't employ you without proof that you're qualified in accordance with French norms. If you intend to be self-employed, you'd need to set up a business structure (see Read-Me: Moving to France FAQs above) and be registered with the relevant Authorities in order to be professionally insured and be able to sign off your work.
As for accommodation, you'd need an official domicile, with written proof (rental receipt, utility bill, ...) for all Administrations encountered, whether you're salaried or self-employed.
You need to research into what's involved when seeking work in France, and you've come to the right place to start! All the best!
Old Apr 20th 2016, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

south_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nicesouth_bound is just really nice

Or you could just find someone who has a building project on the go and go live with them for a while in return for free accomodation, which I took to be the thrust of the original question. I need to build myself a garage and when I'm ready I'll invite a friend to come stay for a few weeks and we'll do it together. It won't be for a while yet as I haven't even applied for planning.
Old Apr 20th 2016, 7:20 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by south_bound
Or you could just find someone who has a building project on the go and go live with them for a while in return for free accomodation, which I took to be the thrust of the original question. I need to build myself a garage and when I'm ready I'll invite a friend to come stay for a few weeks and we'll do it together. It won't be for a while yet as I haven't even applied for planning.
I wondered about that, in which case the OP should post in the Jobs Wanted section, not in the discussion forum, and even now a Mod might transfer it.
I agree that family and friends can be invited to stay and help out with a small building project, but a total stranger living in and working on the black would be a different matter.... Also the newcomer would have to have several Plan B's lined up for when the job's finished and he's homeless.
If he hasn't got family to provide for, then the OP could come over to an expat-populated area, and see how the land lies.
Old Apr 20th 2016, 11:10 am
BE Enthusiast

loy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to all

there was a man around these parts who used to do jobs for people in exchange for food and board. No money so not working on the black.
He did quite well, word of mouth and moved from place to place.
Old Apr 20th 2016, 11:37 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Looking for building work accomadation in France

Welcome to BE.

As you cannot use the general forums to advertise for work I have moved your thread over to our Jobs Wanted forum. General questions such as areas to live, cost of living etc should be posted in the French forum.

France - British Expats

Good luck.
Old Apr 20th 2016, 3:26 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Post again on the France forum, asking general questions about work prospects in your profession. When you've posted 3 times, you can send and receive private messages.
When I said "on the black", I meant with regard to the French Health Insurance and Tax people, who don't approve of bartering. There's a lot of denouncing going on (often by professionals who are being deprived of work) and the URSSAF in particular (the Organisation that collects the S.S. contributions) is doing more and more spot-checks.
Fore-warned is fore-armed!