Reload this Page >

Construction Superintendant/ Construction Manager Job Role Wanted

Construction Superintendant/ Construction Manager Job Role Wanted

Old Nov 5th 2011, 2:38 pm
Just Joined

helenbainbridge86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Construction Superintendant/ Construction Manager Job Role Wanted

Hi All,

I am currently on the hunt for work as a Construction Manager/ Site Supervisor in Calgary, Alberta. I have family in Calgary and a place to live and I am keen to line up a career prior to departing the UK. I have done my research and discovered I am able to apply for citizenship due to my education, family and career choice. Whilst this is being organised I am planning to work on a work permit basis.

I am dedicated, reliable and career driven. I have 4-5 years experience running building sites in London for ISG Plc in refurbishment and new build developments, mainly focused on commercial build but i also managed a high end residential development in Marylebone London.

My roles and training include overseeing and enforcing all health and safety both onsite and in the paperwork format, managing trades including coordinating, design development, programming and reviewing variations. I am capable of offering a professional image and attitude and am able to communicate well with trades, consultants, architects and clients. I have a honours degree in BSc (Hons) Construction Management from Nottingham Trent University, coming second in my year. I also have multiple training certificates including Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS), CSCS, Firt Aid (to name just a few) and am about to complete my MCIOB chartership. In addition to working full time for ISG I also work as the Chair of the CIOB (Chartered Institute Of Building) London Branch of Novus- organising and running events for young professionals in the construction industry, and promoting their ongoing training and development.

I am willing to retrain in a new field within construction and engineering if required, and i am keen to gain new experience and have new challenges.

I can be reached on here or via email at [email protected]. Anyone wanting further information about my experience and training I would be happy to send you my CV if you contact me.

Thanks

Helen Bainbridge
Old Nov 8th 2011, 11:58 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Construction Superintendant/ Construction Manager Job Role Wanted

Originally Posted by helenbainbridge86
I have done my research and discovered I am able to apply for citizenship due to my education, family and career choice. Whilst this is being organised I am planning to work on a work permit basis.
No job for you I'm afraid Helen, but did just want to clarify the above - you say you intend to go over on a work permit, but you wouldn't be eligible for a Temp Work Permit if you are already a Canadian citizen (nor would you need one, as you'd be work authorised).

You also say you are eligible for citizenship due to 'education, family and career choice', but education and career choice will have no bearing on citizenship at all. Your family or birthplace are the only factors for citizenship, presumably if you weren't born in Canada you have a parent that was?

If you could clarify for everybody whether you are definitely a Canadian citizen, or whether you do need an employer to apply for the LMO so you can get a Temp Work Permit, it may well be helpful.

Best of luck with your job hunt.