Planning to relocate

Old Apr 1st 2021, 9:59 pm
Just Joined

Kaicrowley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Planning to relocate

Hello
Ever since I was a toddler I have been infatuated with japan and wanted to live in Tokyo however a lengthy period of bad behaviour in my teens and twentys led to multiple convictions for theft and violence and as such I fear my dreams may have to remain as such despite having settled down and learned to behave in an appropriate fashion. Will I EVER be able to go through with my goal ?
Old Apr 2nd 2021, 12:05 am
Forum Regular

okonumiyaki has a reputation beyond reputeokonumiyaki has a reputation beyond reputeokonumiyaki has a reputation beyond reputeokonumiyaki has a reputation beyond reputeokonumiyaki has a reputation beyond reputeokonumiyaki has a reputation beyond reputeokonumiyaki has a reputation beyond reputeokonumiyaki has a reputation beyond reputeokonumiyaki has a reputation beyond reputeokonumiyaki has a reputation beyond reputeokonumiyaki has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Planning to relocate

For holiday - yes. To live & work there, very unlikely.

What work would you be looking for in Tokyo?
Old Apr 2nd 2021, 12:28 am
Just Joined

I'm currently studying as a vehicle engineer. I was intending to make this transition in approximately 6 to 10 years depending on my financial circumstances. Will this help ?
Old Apr 2nd 2021, 1:05 am
Forum Regular

okonumiyaki has a reputation beyond reputeokonumiyaki has a reputation beyond reputeokonumiyaki has a reputation beyond reputeokonumiyaki has a reputation beyond reputeokonumiyaki has a reputation beyond reputeokonumiyaki has a reputation beyond reputeokonumiyaki has a reputation beyond reputeokonumiyaki has a reputation beyond reputeokonumiyaki has a reputation beyond reputeokonumiyaki has a reputation beyond reputeokonumiyaki has a reputation beyond repute

Yes - that will help. I would suggest joining one of the Japanese car manufacturers in the UK, then working your way to a inter-company transfer (I spent almost two years working in Osaka, transferred there by my company at the time - thus my user name - okonomiyaki is a Kansai dish)
Old Apr 2nd 2021, 2:00 am
Just Joined

I never even thought of that. I really appreciate your advice. Ill definitely be taking steps in that direction. Thank you
Old Apr 2nd 2021, 7:32 am
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by okonumiyaki
I would suggest joining one of the Japanese car manufacturers in the UK, then working your way to a inter-company transfer
This is indeed good advice: go to Japan as an intra-company transfer. Especially if you are an engineer this could be a possible route. Working for a large Japanese company (e.g. car manufacturer) helps; it is a bit more difficult if you work for a small/tiny Japanese company though. Remember that it is the company which will apply at the immigration department for a permit for you, so you need to make sure that the company sees value in you and in you being in Japan.
In anticipation of this it could make sense for you to visit Japan a few times as tourist, to better understand the country, inhabitants and their culture.
Old Apr 8th 2021, 8:02 pm
Just Joined

I really appreciate all the advice. I've been learning little bits of japanese language online and will continue to do so as well as visiting as a tourist a few times before the final transition. Thank you very much everyone
Old Oct 11th 2021, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

RedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond repute

You might also look to see if you can have your record (at least as a teenager) expunged. Tht' possible in some countries though perhp there is no possibility in the UK, or if the subsequent "bad behavior" makes it unlikely.
Old Dec 6th 2021, 12:25 am
Just Joined

TomG888 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

can anyone talk to me about living to Japan. Just like the original poster I want to me to Japan. I’ve got a masters and English citizenship. I want to make some friend that live in Japan that can talk to me about there experiences.

thanks