WOOD HOUSE

Old Dec 15th 2009, 9:58 am
Just Joined

COKOLISO is an unknown quantity at this point
Default WOOD HOUSE

Dear friends. I have seen many ads selling casa di legno, or wooden houses, they seem to be much cheaper than a regular house or apartment. Is there a reason for that? Is it wise to buy one of these houses since prices are so low? ANy opinion or information on this matter?
Thank you
coko
Old Dec 15th 2009, 10:49 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WOOD HOUSE

Originally Posted by COKOLISO
Dear friends. I have seen many ads selling casa di legno, or wooden houses, they seem to be much cheaper than a regular house or apartment. Is there a reason for that? Is it wise to buy one of these houses since prices are so low? ANy opinion or information on this matter?
Thank you
coko

Are they perhaps cheaper because you need to own a plot of land first to construct it on?
Old Dec 15th 2009, 10:30 pm
Just Joined

COKOLISO is an unknown quantity at this point

they seem to sell them already in place...I was wondering if you have to pay extra money every year for the lot where the house is found? Interesting to know...DOes anyone have the experience about these houses?
Old Jan 16th 2010, 3:14 pm
Just Joined

jeffcoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, we are in Abruzzo and have had a wooden house built, and have now had plans passed to have an extension. We have lived in Sweden and Germany where they are quite normal. It is very well insulated and of course much more flexible so should be much safer in an earthequake - yet to find about about that.
We have not seen any kits but would be intrested as want to have a garage built.
Old Jan 16th 2010, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

Salerno will become famous soon enough

you mean like the wood framed houses? They are quiet safe and maybe better than blocks and bricks.

They sell the kits in Trieste, I'll get the website for you. Where did you see them already built cokoliso? Italians hate them because they aren't "traditional" and they seem to be opposed to moving forward into things that abroad they've been using for years!
Old Jan 16th 2010, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

asik is just really niceasik is just really niceasik is just really niceasik is just really niceasik is just really niceasik is just really niceasik is just really niceasik is just really niceasik is just really nice

Hi all,
There is a member of this forum, going by the name coinsky, who was saying she was getting, I think, one of those pre-fabs in Abruzzo. She has not been on the forum for a while though. She might be able to answer questions about those wooden houses. try to PM her.