WiFi access

Old Nov 27th 2021, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

dreamo is a jewel in the roughdreamo is a jewel in the roughdreamo is a jewel in the roughdreamo is a jewel in the rough
Default WiFi access

Hello everyone
We need to set up wifi etc, we are based in the Chieti region, does anybody have any favorite providers? We are not big tv watchers but have made use of amazon prime in the UK.
Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 27th 2021, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WiFi access

Are you looking for mobile internet or something more permanent/robust (WAdsl)? A while since we have been there, but your mobile phone coverage should give you a good idea who has the best coverage. For the latter Connetti here and Misco here were well used (we used mobile access with a wifi dongle – TIM/WIND). If mobile you could try looking for a good WiFi Analyzer app to see if any indicate best coverage where you are, trouble we found was it varied from room to room. I would suggest mobile would not be too good for watching video on prime or any other streaming. If you have data on your mobile try it. I'm sure you get a lot more data for your buck these days as someone mentioned 50gb/month, but even that's not a lot when streaming...
Old Nov 27th 2021, 5:16 pm
Just Joined

ganastasia is a jewel in the roughganastasia is a jewel in the roughganastasia is a jewel in the roughganastasia is a jewel in the rough

I purchased Tim FWA Ricaricabile last week as I'm still in the UK for the majority of the year. No contract, You pay 99eur for the router and it comes with 3 months of internet, you just pay for a month or a 6/12 month bundle as you require. Unlimited download and 40mb/s download speed.

The signal where I am is fantastic.
Old Nov 27th 2021, 6:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

I am using Very 130GB per month for €8 and a Tp-link modem. The speed is 30Mbits.
Old Dec 4th 2021, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Capo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond reputeCapo Boi has a reputation beyond repute

I also changed to TIM FWA unlimited recently having for years had internet through a TIM phone line (not fibre). So far the speed and stability is really good. I’ve checked the speed a few times and it seems to average around 40 Mb / sec. With the telephone line I was capped out at 7. Although I only spend a few months a year in Italy, I do rent out so decided to take out a full contract. I think I am committed to a minimum 24 months. There was no set up fee and I pay €30 per month which includes €5 for the ability to make VoIP phones calls plus around 12 cents a minute for any calls that I make. Without the phone it was €25 per month. Previously I had been paying in the region of €55 per month. In the last two years FWA has seen huge growth. All the big telephone companies are now heavily involved and the network coverage is growing all the time. For anyone out in the ‘sticks’ where there is no chance of fibre it is the perfect solution. I for one am really pleased so far.
Hopes this helps.
CB
Old Dec 5th 2021, 6:36 am
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Capo Boi
I also changed to TIM FWA unlimited recently having for years had internet through a TIM phone line (not fibre). So far the speed and stability is really good. I’ve checked the speed a few times and it seems to average around 40 Mb / sec. With the telephone line I was capped out at 7. Although I only spend a few months a year in Italy, I do rent out so decided to take out a full contract. I think I am committed to a minimum 24 months. There was no set up fee and I pay €30 per month which includes €5 for the ability to make VoIP phones calls plus around 12 cents a minute for any calls that I make. Without the phone it was €25 per month. Previously I had been paying in the region of €55 per month. In the last two years FWA has seen huge growth. All the big telephone companies are now heavily involved and the network coverage is growing all the time. For anyone out in the ‘sticks’ where there is no chance of fibre it is the perfect solution. I for one am really pleased so far.
Hopes this helps.
CB
Tim FWA is a just an LTE modem with an antenna. It all depends on how much data you use. Basically a €25 sim card with unlimited GB.
Old Dec 5th 2021, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

It probably is limited to certain areas, but this is indicating serious speeds for TIM FWA. Being rural UK we don't have 5g access yet, but the 4g is in any case fast. However what I found was the speed varied so much it impacted video. I never really used it much for that purpose and it may well of settled if used over time. However, normal web pages would "stutter" at times and I found this just as bad, probably was due to varying numbers accessing. As landline access here is very steady at 35-40 m/s at £26/mth I use it. For people here wanting access in Italy it could very well depend on how much time you spend there, but we would do as we did and pay for access for the full year even when we were only there half the year... Internet has become essential to our way of life!
Old Dec 5th 2021, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Geordieborn
It probably is limited to certain areas, but this is indicating serious speeds for TIM FWA.
TIM FWA will only work well if you have a good 4G signal. If there is a hill between you and the transmitter tower the speed will be poor. I wouldnt buy the product unless a TIM mobile phone showed 100% signal strength.
Old Dec 5th 2021, 1:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

If they ever get (have) the 1 Gbps over 5g I think it will be well worth it...
Old Dec 5th 2021, 2:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

If they ever get (have) the 1 Gbps over 5g I think it will be well worth it...
Most of our neighbours have Fastweb. They do mobile data 5g up to 300GB for €20 per month. . Fibre in the towns.
Old Dec 6th 2021, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

Accetturese has a reputation beyond reputeAccetturese has a reputation beyond reputeAccetturese has a reputation beyond reputeAccetturese has a reputation beyond reputeAccetturese has a reputation beyond reputeAccetturese has a reputation beyond reputeAccetturese has a reputation beyond reputeAccetturese has a reputation beyond reputeAccetturese has a reputation beyond reputeAccetturese has a reputation beyond reputeAccetturese has a reputation beyond repute

We had fastweb when we first moved here, but spent more time looking at the red 'no service' light than anything else.
Dumped that and went with Vodafone mobile - vodafone is fully deserving of the awful customer service reviews it gets.
We are now with Tiscali home internet at €31 per month, very reliable so far.
Old Dec 7th 2021, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

dreamo is a jewel in the roughdreamo is a jewel in the roughdreamo is a jewel in the roughdreamo is a jewel in the rough

Are you looking for mobile internet or something more permanent/robust (WAdsl)? A while since we have been there, but your mobile phone coverage should give you a good idea who has the best coverage. For the latter Connetti here and Misco here were well used (we used mobile access with a wifi dongle – TIM/WIND). If mobile you could try looking for a good WiFi Analyzer app to see if any indicate best coverage where you are, trouble we found was it varied from room to room. I would suggest mobile would not be too good for watching video on prime or any other streaming. If you have data on your mobile try it. I'm sure you get a lot more data for your buck these days as someone mentioned 50gb/month, but even that's not a lot when streaming...
Great info thanks Geordieborn and indeed ever, I clearly need to do some research. Maybe speak to the old owner / locals will be a good start 😊
Old Dec 7th 2021, 2:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

SanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dreamo
Great info thanks Geordieborn and indeed ever, I clearly need to do some research. Maybe speak to the old owner / locals will be a good start 😊
It's the only way to know, but don't forget the pride factor. Nobody ever admits they bought a pup. I used Fastweb over the landline in 2 houses 1 km apart. 1 was great, 1 was awful so I switched to Tiscali LTE with antenna and overall it was much better apart from a couple of major hiccups where it was off for so long I ended up putting an iPhone on the roof in a plastic box to tether my laptop and TV; not recommended unless you're isolated.

As much as it pains me to admit it, it's worth hiring a contractor who works as an agent for several providers as they will give you the best option for your location.
Old Dec 7th 2021, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanNico
It's the only way to know, but don't forget the pride factor. Nobody ever admits they bought a pup. I used Fastweb over the landline in 2 houses 1 km apart. 1 was great, 1 was awful so I switched to Tiscali LTE with antenna and overall it was much better apart from a couple of major hiccups where it was off for so long I ended up putting an iPhone on the roof in a plastic box to tether my laptop and TV; not recommended unless you're isolated.

As much as it pains me to admit it, it's worth hiring a contractor who works as an agent for several providers as they will give you the best option for your location.
Yes interesting and very real point thanks. I’ve just spoken to the agent we bought the house through (he is really good) and set him on the case.

Hearing about your 2 houses 1 km apart has made me realise speaking to the nearest neighbour is not necessarily a good option 🤔
Old Dec 8th 2021, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

SanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond repute

For WiFi the neighbours are a good starting point, just make sure they tell you how fast and reliable it is. I was referring to landlines. House 1 was next to the main cable box (PCP before any techies try to be smart), house 2 was at the end of a long line of overhead cables where you could see the open joints and tree rub.
My wifi woes were partly due to a poor installation (not high enough) and a few major outages.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.