Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Waxy bits - ONE FOR THE LADYS

Waxy bits - ONE FOR THE LADYS

Old Nov 15th 2010, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

Cherry B is just really niceCherry B is just really niceCherry B is just really niceCherry B is just really niceCherry B is just really niceCherry B is just really niceCherry B is just really niceCherry B is just really nice
Default Waxy bits - ONE FOR THE LADYS

Ok, so I like to keep myself super lady like and smooth. So I wax when necessary. But I have to say that I have not found a decent 'beautician' here (florence). I just wanted to ask the girlies here if they have found the same:

In the UK they are more precise and the waxing lasts for weeks! sometimes up to a month and over. Here after 1 week I could go back again for another round of torture!

Now before Duffer asks, no I am not a ladyboy or am I over hairy, but I do find this very frustrating

Anyone else found the same?
Old Nov 15th 2010, 6:54 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Waxy bits - ONE FOR THE LADYS

It's not something I can comment on - I'm a DIY'er as wax doesn't like me!! But I know a couple of friends who recommend one lady up near Careggi that is Turkish so her "technique" is better and another who recommends one in the barber's on via Sant' Agostino, corner of via Maffia?? If you want the number of the one in Careggi I can get it for you.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

giodafa will become famous soon enoughgiodafa will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Cherry B
Ok, so I like to keep myself super lady like and smooth. So I wax when necessary. But I have to say that I have not found a decent 'beautician' here (florence). I just wanted to ask the girlies here if they have found the same:

In the UK they are more precise and the waxing lasts for weeks! sometimes up to a month and over. Here after 1 week I could go back again for another round of torture!

Now before Duffer asks, no I am not a ladyboy or am I over hairy, but I do find this very frustrating

Anyone else found the same?
I think it has something to do with the sun (something we don't get alot of in the uk) I've noticed that in the summer my hair , hairs and nails grow quicker. If it's "torture" change your beautician, she's hopeless
Old Nov 16th 2010, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

DaniL is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure if anyone does it in Florence but have you considered lazer hair removal? I had my calves and under arms done a couple of years ago and I just need to pluck the odd hair occasionally. It's a bit painful, and pricey, but well worth it.
Old Nov 16th 2010, 5:50 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

My friend had the lazer stuff done out in Isolotto - I think places like SKIN in the centre do it too.