Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

hello-ooooh Anybody near Reggio Emilia?

hello-ooooh Anybody near Reggio Emilia?

Old Nov 13th 2010, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

Nellybell is a jewel in the roughNellybell is a jewel in the roughNellybell is a jewel in the roughNellybell is a jewel in the rough
Default hello-ooooh Anybody near Reggio Emilia?

I've been here, battling my way through the fog in winter and the mozzies in summer - ALL ON MY OWN-IO for the last 25 years or so - when I stumble across this website.

C'mon - IS ANYBODY OUT THERE??
Old Nov 13th 2010, 7:45 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hello-ooooh Anybody near Reggio Emilia?

! Welcome to the site Nellybelly! 25 years and not found another Brit!! I know we have a few members around Bologna and Modena, so hopefully they will see this post and say hi! Any probs just give me or one of the Mods, Lorna or Mitzyboy a shout!
Old Nov 13th 2010, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

davehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant futuredavehornet6 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Nellybell
I've been here, battling my way through the fog in winter and the mozzies in summer - ALL ON MY OWN-IO for the last 25 years or so - when I stumble across this website.

C'mon - IS ANYBODY OUT THERE??
Hi nellybell. Welcome to the mad house.
Seriously though, this is a great, friendly forum as you will find out.
I don't live in Italy, YET! But will be living in the hills near Bologna by this time next year.
Hmm, i seem to remember saying that last year! Oh well it will be worth it.
How do you like the Italian lifestyle?
Old Nov 14th 2010, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

jenny g is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: hello-ooooh Anybody near Reggio Emilia?

Hi there Nellybell!! Yes i am in the area of Reggio Emilia! Tell me are you in the city or what? We live about 15 mins from the town..going out towards Parma. Would love to hear more from you Bye for now
Old Nov 14th 2010, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

Nuvoletta is an unknown quantity at this point

you don't work in the shoe shop in Meridiana do you?
Old Nov 14th 2010, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

Nellybell is a jewel in the roughNellybell is a jewel in the roughNellybell is a jewel in the roughNellybell is a jewel in the rough

Hi all, thanks for answering!

Jenny, I'm 10 mins away from the city (if there's no traffic) just past Sesso (the place DOES exist guys and gals!) so on the Mantova road. Are you Sant'ilario way then?

Nuvoletta, nope, not me working in the shoe shop - do you mean TACKS though? I haven't been to Meridiana for ages actually, I tend to stick to my local COOP or Lidl.

Davehornet6 - well, there's nothing like planning ahead! After so long here, I guess I am more or less used to living here. Actually it's a lot easier now to keep in touch over the internet, fly back, get hold of bacon and beans etc. Still haven't got a supply of cheddar (strong) or parnsnips sorted out though...

Testarossa - thanks!

Well, time for bed - hope to hear from you guys soon!
Old Nov 16th 2010, 6:20 am
Forum Regular

Good morning Nellybell! Yesterday morning i sent you a private message..i done it this way as i also put my telephone no in it! Have a look at the top of the page where it says welcome Nellybell...underneath there is the private messages. Hope to hear from you soon!!
Old Nov 16th 2010, 8:26 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jenny g
Good morning Nellybell! Yesterday morning i sent you a private message..i done it this way as i also put my telephone no in it! Have a look at the top of the page where it says welcome Nellybell...underneath there is the private messages. Hope to hear from you soon!!
Jenny - Nellybell will not be able to receive your private message because she only has two posts.
The PM service only works from 3 posts onwards so Nellybell will have to make another post.
Old Nov 16th 2010, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

Oh ok!! I was actually a bit concerned that i had maybe done something wrong Never mind..now we all know! Thanks Lorna
Old Nov 16th 2010, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

here we go then - third post!
Going to get my prize now? (the pm)
Old Nov 16th 2010, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

Got it!
Sent you one back (hopefully pressed the right buttons)
Let me know when is a good time to call and I'll phone you!
Old Nov 16th 2010, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

PAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to behold

Belated welcome Nellybell, I'm down in Salento, province of Lecce now, we lived near Rimini many years ago, what brought you to Italy, STOP PRESS Prince William is now engaged to Miss Catherine Middleton, marriage in 2011
Old Nov 16th 2010, 9:57 pm
Just Joined

katibabe is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Nellybelly, I have been living in Bologna for 3yrs now and only bet 3 brits the rest are mostly Americans. We have a group in emilia romania called http://www.meetup.com/Reggio-Emilia-English-Expat-Group its great to meet people from Reggio, Modena & Parma. Good Luck an maybe I see you in the near future x