Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy
Reload this Page >

Water and sewage charges

Water and sewage charges

Old Jul 9th 2012, 5:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Water and sewage charges

I wonder if anyone know what the law says on paying charges for 'depurazione' of the sewage water.
We are not yet connected to the main sewer, but have always paid these charges with the water bill and over the last 7 years they have accumulated to quite a bit.
I am going to discuss this with the water company tomorrow, so I need any info please.
Old Jul 10th 2012, 4:42 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Water and sewage charges

If you have a fosse imhof and all necessary permits, you should not have to pay any depurazione costs. If you have an old pozzo nero and it is emptied at your expense, again no costs. Sounds a bit of a cheek to me. Down here, the two charges are so separate they have their own bills and come from different offices.....
Old Jul 10th 2012, 6:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

Hi Modicasa,

Quick question but slightly different topic.

I have 2 English friends who live in the next village. Their Electric bill is huge compared to ours, 400 against 35. Now I know they always have the telly on and use a fan to keep then cool when outside but it is still huge.

Despite the fact they have been here 2 years they are not down as residence, I think they are claiming a long holiday to avoid the taxation on their pensions.

They rent the house, so does the electric cost more as a holiday home for a non residence or is the landlord supplying electric to his cousin who lives next door.
Old Jul 10th 2012, 10:41 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, if you're a non resident you do pay more for electricity. But not that much! They should check that someone's not linked up to their contattore, it seems a bit strange to me...
Old Jul 10th 2012, 1:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

Pecora, they need an electrician to verify all the connections.
Someone I know was renting a house in a condominio of 3 houses that belonged to the same family.
After the huge bills they called an electrician and it transpired they were paying for the pumps of the pool and alarm systems and outdoor lights for all 3 houses.
Old Jul 10th 2012, 1:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by modicasa
If you have a fosse imhof and all necessary permits, you should not have to pay any depurazione costs. If you have an old pozzo nero and it is emptied at your expense, again no costs. Sounds a bit of a cheek to me. Down here, the two charges are so separate they have their own bills and come from different offices.....
Thanks Modicasa,
We do not have IMHOF as we thought, we live in the 21st century, we wanted a connection to the main sewer. This private tratto fognante has been dragging on since 2008 and we should complete soon as we did get the hydrogeologico and archelogico parere recently and it is now for the comune to give us the nulla osta.
I went to ACEA today and they gave me a form to fill in to tell them that I do not have to pay for depurazione and also to attach the bill for the same since 2008 and claim the money back.
It seems the old water company did not charge the depurazione, but when ACEA was formed, they put that on my bill too.
Old Jul 10th 2012, 1:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Isakat
Pecora, they need an electrician to verify all the connections.
Someone I know was renting a house in a condominio of 3 houses that belonged to the same family.
After the huge bills they called an electrician and it transpired they were paying for the pumps of the pool and alarm systems and outdoor lights for all 3 houses.
Thanks for that, I will have a word with them.