Tyres

Old Jul 10th 2012, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

angeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to all
Default Tyres

I have an old SEAT Ibiza and need new tyres. Quoted 80 euros each. If in the uk I could buy new ones for under £30. Does anyone know whether you can buy part worn or cheaper tyres here? I live in Le Marche and average mileage per yr is only 50k's.

Last edited by angeli; Jul 10th 2012 at 10:44 am. Reason: repetition , of the word cheaper...
Old Jul 10th 2012, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

Twinkle Canelli will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Tyres

Yes you can buy partworn in Italy, but I don't know where. We bought some partworn winter tyres and wheels (we have them swapped over for summer ones from April to November) for our old Renault Clio and it cost less than 200 euros for the wheels as well. Shop around - there must be somewhere near you!
Old Jul 10th 2012, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by angeli
I have an old SEAT Ibiza and need new tyres. Quoted 80 euros each. If in the uk I could buy new ones for under £30. Does anyone know whether you can buy part worn or cheaper tyres here? I live in Le Marche and average mileage per yr is only 50k's.
I bought a new tyre for my mini from e bay italia. I had changed the tyres when I was in Sicily and no one up here stocked the brand

The tyre was quiet cheap.
Old Jul 10th 2012, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Angeli - I get remoulds for my old Fiat Punto - I usually get them from my local ERG station. Try asking at a couple of your local petrol stations.
Old Jul 10th 2012, 12:32 pm
Member Of The Family

Engliano is just really niceEngliano is just really niceEngliano is just really niceEngliano is just really niceEngliano is just really niceEngliano is just really niceEngliano is just really niceEngliano is just really niceEngliano is just really nice

Yes, you can definitly get part worn, and its a very common thing to do here due to forever changing winter and summer ones etc. similar law here as the UK as in the fronts have to be a matching pair and so do the rears. Shop around for your biggest tyre outlet in your area, garentee youll find something.
Good Luck
Old Jul 10th 2012, 1:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

I had no idea you could get part worn tyres. It would have helped last year when I changed tyres 4 times due to damage caused by nails. My tyres are 95/100 euro per tyre, including manno d'opera.
Old Jul 10th 2012, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

angeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to allangeli is a name known to all

Thanks everyone, there is hope, will check out petrol stations tomorrow and get back to you.
Old Jul 10th 2012, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

hubby just told me that they should be known as 'gomme ricoperte' here in Italy
Old Jul 11th 2012, 6:12 am
Banned

stevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nice

All i know, tyres as most things are cheaper in the UK, i recently bought 4 new tyres and was shocked at the price, and yes i did shop around.
Old Jul 11th 2012, 6:44 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

I paid 450 Euro for a set of Michelin Alpin winter tyres, including fitting, etc. back in November. Then I paid 25 Euro to change the wheels back to my summer tyres. I found that even if you buy online and have them sent to your local gommista, their balancing and mounting charges are quite high, so in the end there is no saving. So if you can find a cheap gommista, might be worth checking online.
Old Jul 11th 2012, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

Twinkle Canelli will become famous soon enough

I only pay 15 euros to have the summer/winter tyres changed/balanced etc. Just shows that like everything, it varies hugely as to where you live.....
Old Jul 11th 2012, 9:42 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

Actually I didn't shop around for the change over, I just went back to the place I bought the winter tyres from. They were really polite and professional but more importantly they had 4 ramps and were extremely quick. Usually there are queues for the change over.
Old Jul 11th 2012, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

Angeldimana will become famous soon enoughAngeldimana will become famous soon enough

Hi Angeli,

I bought some tyres from ebay and had them fitted at a local garage that charged £10 per tyre.

They also sell remoulds and are near Montegiorgio if you are in that part of Le Marche.

The brand i bought was 'Hardgreen' and recycled rather than remoulded i think but they had very good reviews and were only about €45 each if i remember + fitting.
All the local garages only offer premium tyres such as michelin, continental but they are around €120 + fitting.

Good luck!
Old Jul 11th 2012, 1:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Angeldimana,

That's good to hear and we are not far from Montegiorgio. I could call into garage if you would please tell me which one (is it the big garage, sells cheapest petrol just before Eurospin on the way to Fermo?), and ask the cost of a pr of remoulds and fitting....maybe a quicker solution than buying from Ebay as worried if stopped would be fined.... Only just seen bald area on tyre and need to sort asap.... Many thanks and hope to hear back.